Are you ready to lead teams who build software loved by thousands of restauranteurs and millions of users? Are you able to drive collaboration, and express to your team how their hard work provides the best technology solution available to restaurants? Will you grow your direct reports in both their technical capabilities and their character as teammates? If you answered yes to all these questions, Popmenu could be the place for you!
About this Opportunity
Popmenu is looking for an Engineering Manager with a record of leading engineering teams through a company’s aggressive growth phase and providing meaningful professional development opportunities to mid-level and senior engineers. Our ideal candidate understands how to motivate and develop engineers so they will operate as great teammates. They also have a passion for breaking down a project and keeping it on track.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Leading a team who builds quality software that accomplishes the goals defined by the product and/or technology organizations.
- Finding the right talent. You will be interviewing and making hiring decisions that will make Popmenu a world-class engineering department.
- Forming and maintaining high-performing cross-functional teams.
- Owning project management, work decomposition, and performance for one or more cross-functional delivery teams.
- Coaching and unblocking team members who are not meeting commitments.
- Ensuring team output is visible to peers, engineering leaders, and across the company.
- Coaching teams to push their performance beyond what they thought possible.
- Holding regular, structured 1-1s with engineering direct reports to align the goals of Popmenu and its engineering department with each person’s unique career and personal goals.
- Identifying growth opportunities and increased responsibility for direct reports and supporting them through to success.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to perform multi-perspective performance evaluations of engineering team members.
- Diagnosing individual performance challenges, creating structured performance improvement plans and offboarding if necessary.
- Partnering closely with UX and Product teams to ensure we are delivering the right products in the right way at the right time.
- Discovering opportunities and taking advantage of them by implementing department and company-level initiatives.
What You Bring to the Table
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer in a high-growth company.
- 2+ years of leading high-performing teams with agile development practices in a high-growth organization.
- Considerable experience coaching mid-level and senior engineers via targeted skill and behavioral development.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails and React.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with Support, Product, QA, and UX teams.
- Experience implementing inter or cross-departmental initiatives is nice to have.
- Incredibly strong textual and oral communicator who is comfortable having conversations that bring out the best in their people and teams.
At Popmenu we believe in transparency and meeting candidates at eye-level. We know that money isn’t everything - but it is important. For this role, we have determined a compensation range of $145k to $150k in addition to company equity to be a fair and attractive offer.
We would love the opportunity to meet you and learn more about you and your background. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors and may vary from the amount above. Looking forward to chatting with you!
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector working with more than 6,000 restaurants every month. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and the consumer. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving:
• We have an empowering culture centered around our four core values. Our work environment emphasizes collaboration, energy and openness above corporate formality - you can be yourself and save the suit for special occasions. (We’ve also won a few awards - Glassdoor Best Places To Work and Top Workplaces USA to name a couple.)
• We know that great ideas are rooted in diverse culture and experience. We are always striving to create an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
• Flexibility and freedom are high—are you doing your part and getting your work done? That’s all that matters.
• We’re growing fast but there’s still plenty of runway for you to have major impact. We’ve built infrastructure to ensure you’re not starting from scratch or getting lost along the way.
• Innovation is in our DNA—to find great ideas you have to break things. We encourage you to fail fast, fail smartly and fail forward.
• Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
• Work alongside a talented team with experience developing, marketing and selling products for millions of users and thousands of clients—there is always something new to learn from one another.
• We offer a competitive salary and equity along with an excellent benefits package for all our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and an open PTO policy.
More Information on Popmenu
Popmenu operates in the Food industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA. Popmenu was founded in 2016. It has 233 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 31 open jobs at Popmenu, click here.
Read Full Job Description