LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We’re a highly motivated technical team working in a supportive environment to serve the infrastructure needs for ML, NLP, and text analytics services supporting enterprise customers and users.
We build and manage large-scale production hybrid infrastructure (on-prem and public cloud) that supports state-of-the-art machine learning automation and deployments in addition to text analytics, large-scale data processing, and highly available consumer-facing services.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to build, manage and innovate on a business-critical infrastructure that serves large volumes of data and work with an outstanding engineering and data science team. As part of this team, you will work on a greenfield project to build a state-of-the-art MLOps infrastructure to solve real-world customer problems.
In this role you will:
- Build automation for ML model training, deployment, and CICD pipeline for services.
- Design and build the infrastructure for an in-house ML Platform
- Work on the transition of on-prem DC production services to the cloud (GCP)
- Build tools using clean & reusable code for managing production infrastructure in the cloud efficiently.
- Manage on-prem, cloud (GCP), and hybrid services in production.
- Build reliable systems at scale.
- Support and enable engineering and data science teams at LivePerson.
- Drive improvements in capacity, reliability, availability, and performance of core systems.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues and build solutions to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Manage, tune and troubleshoot issues with large-scale data storage infrastructure like Elastic, MongoDB, Postgres, etc.
Your qualifications are:
- 3+ years DevOps experience supporting large scale, highly available production software systems
- Experience with Python/Go/Perl or similar high-level language to solve automation problems is required
- Extensive production *NIX experience and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is nice to have.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with modern observability/monitoring systems.
- Experience with at least one configuration management/automation system (Terraform/Helm Charts/Ansible etc)
- Experience using and managing source control and CI/CD tools like git, Jenkin
- Automation of applications deployment to Cloud Environment
- Experience with database deployment/management (Elasticsearch, Postgres, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop, Impala, Hive, or other big data storage and query systems is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.