Ontra is a remote-first company, with access to coworking spaces and offices in a few key cities for employees who may prefer in-person working options. We value connection, investing in opportunities for in-person and virtual gatherings with your Ontra colleagues.
We currently are able to hire exclusively in the locations listed below. Select jobs may have more specific location requirements due to business needs.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington
Hong Kong, Singapore
For this job we are currently only hiring candidates based in the United States, with a preference for candidates based in Central or Eastern time zones.
About the team & opportunity
Ontra is seeking an E-Billing Analyst reporting to our Director, Billing & Collections on our Finance & Accounting team.
The role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to become an essential member of Ontra's Finance & Accounting team. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of billing and collections for Ontra's clients that utilize e-billing. The E-Billing Analyst will work to ensure successful invoice submission and payment of all e-bill accounts.
If you have experience generating and editing ledes files and are looking to pivot into legal tech, we'd love to get to know you!
What you'll do
- Own end-to-end onboarding for all new e-bill clients
- Submit all e-bill invoices in compliance with clients' e-billing guidelines, and by the required monthly deadlines
- Source and maintain all necessary information for successful invoice submission for new and existing e-bill clients; i.e. client matter IDs and timekeeper approvals
- Respond to client inquiries for accrual data, matter information, and timekeeper rates
- Resolve all e-bill rejections and reductions in a timely and professional manner
- Partner with Account Managers and other team members to edit, revise, and resubmit invoices as required
- Generate AR aging reports and facilitate collections outreach for customers with past due balances
- Assist with cash application by researching and identifying cash receipts for e-billed invoices
- Monitor client e-mail inbox and internal invoice support channel for incoming inquiries and respond within the established time frames
What you'll bring
- Experience: 2+ years of e-billing experience generating and editing ledes files for both domestic and international clients (98B and 98BI file types)
- Software: familiarity with third-party e-billing portals such as CounselLink, SimpleLegal CounselGO, Tymetrix360, Passport, and Serengeti Legal Tracker
- Superior attention to detail: willing to put in the time and effort to avoid errors and consistently deliver polished work product
- Customer Service: an ability to interact with clients in a positive, professional manner and proactively resolve customer issues related to invoicing and collections
- Communication: skilled in communicating clearly, both internally and externally, in a variety of formats (written and verbal)
- Time & Project Management: ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and seeing tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Excel: comfortable working with Excel to create reports and manipulate data
Ontra is the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence for private asset management firms. The Ontra platform combines AI-enabled software with a worldwide network of highly trained lawyers to modernize recurring legal workflows. Ontra's solutions improve all aspects of the contract lifecycle - from negotiating and processing routine contracts to tracking obligations in complex agreements. Ultimately, Ontra reduces the time, expense, and risk associated with contract management, freeing its customers to focus on other strategic priorities.
- Opportunity to participate in Ontra's unit-based compensation program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement (equivalent of $100 USD)
- Annual professional development reimbursement (equivalent of $2K USD)
- 4 months (16 weeks) of parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Twice-weekly lunch perk
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Ontra factors in your location when benchmarking compensation for most roles. If you have been selected to participate in our interview process, we encourage you to speak with your recruiter about compensation for the role during an initial conversation.
Personnel Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/46lVT74
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.
Note to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies. Any candidates sent to Ontra will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission without a signed agreement in place.