Senior UX Designer at LivePerson (Seattle, WA or Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
The Data Science and Analytics team at LivePerson Seattle is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our cross-functional startup-like team. We are looking for someone that can think outside the box to deliver user experiences that enable users to intuitively build, analyze, and optimize Machine Learning Models for Natural Language Processing. You should be passionate about advocating for and following customer-centered design principles, while also balancing these against technical limitations and business needs. You should be a proactive self-starter with a high degree of ownership, and have the ability to take on challenges and work through them to deliver results. We are looking for designers that are not unsettled by ambiguity, that are motivated to think big, delivering visionary and customer-focused experiences in the new and innovative space of conversational AI.
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio showcasing experience creating user-centered design solutions. Your portfolio should illustrate design solutions for a variety of platforms and different interfaces. It should demonstrate ability to solve UX challenges with complex workflows, and scalable user-friendly design solutions.
- Experience with web-based and mobile information architecture and responsive design.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects end-to-end, from concept to delivery, and support ongoing improvements to products and features.
- Experience presenting to partners, stakeholders and senior management.
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Marvel, Axure or similar.
- Experience performing, analyzing, and applying user research to aid in customer-focused design solutions.
- Strong practical knowledge in user-experience principles and user-centered design processes.
- Bachelor's degree in digital design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as interactive/user experience designer.
- Experience in applying best practices for information architecture, conversational UI, and content creation.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to confidently communicate and defend design rationale clearly and persuasively.
- Experience in building interactive prototypes.
- Experience in area of conversational design, language understanding, voice-interface design, or interactive design is a plus.
- Persistence, creativity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation.. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.