Senior Product Designer at BigTime Software, Inc.
BigTime is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,000 firms worldwide and tracking over $2 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a PE-backed company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
We are looking for motivated, innovative individuals, who think big and move fast with a passion for service excellence.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with product management and engineering leads to define objectives and key results for your triad.
- Be responsible for balancing speed, quality, and consistency of design.
- Advocate for our customers by understanding their needs, nuances, and root causes of their problems. Concept, prototype, design and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Be able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions, and be able to ask difficult questions and challenge assumptions.
- Coach and mentor fellow designers on a range of design practices.
- Provide thoughtful feedback in team critiques.
- Break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Conduct user research interviews, usability testing, and analysis.
- Leverage metrics to drive product design and measure product success.
- Be able to adapt your process to the needs of the situation
- Excellent communication skills.
- 6+ years experience in Product Design, UX Design, or related discipline. SaaS experience is a bonus.
- A track record of successfully shipping products, solving customer problems and moving company metrics.
- Deep understanding of good user experience and visual design.
- Experience with modern design tools (Figma) and the willingness to adopt new tools as needed.
- A strong understanding of web technologies.
- A design degree or relevant experience with platform and/or application design.
What you can expect about life at BigTime:
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Company paid health & dental plans
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Friday Lunch Credit via GrubHub
- Hybrid work environment (in office 2-3 days a week)
- Unlimited fresh fruit, snacks delivered daily, as well as cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.