Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role
- As a Product Designer, Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), you’ll contribute to new directions and innovative ideas, while also improving our existing offering. You will support our flagship Social-Emotional Learning product.
In this role, you will:
- Design and deliver compelling, intuitive, and high-quality solutions that solve user problems and help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers.
- Participate in the end-to-end design process for your projects by producing personas, user journey maps, flows, mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Partner with product managers in discovery and research efforts to test and validate design concepts and solutions.
- Share your work early and often within an iterative and supportive design environment.
- Continuously build your knowledge of K–12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 1 year of Product Design or UX experience working on digital products or applications.
- A compelling portfolio of design work that demonstrates a solid understanding of interaction design, user flows, and visual design, including layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Bonus: Experience in education or in EdTech
About the Design team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.