Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Join the Veeva LearnGxP team as we innovate life sciences training. As the eLearning Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for crafting engaging, learner-centric content for Veeva’s accredited GxP eLearning library. We are seeking a highly creative individual excited about building course offerings in a start-up mode. If you have both expertise in adult learning theory as it relates to the online learning space and some understanding of, and experience with, the global life sciences industry - you might just be the person we’re looking for.
In this role, the eLearning Instructional Designer will simplify Subject Matter Expert written technical content and turn it into eLearning storyboards. Your mission in this role is to design new and updated eLearning course content, specific to the life sciences industry, that conveys highly technical requirements and knowledge in a way that makes the learning experience engaging, accessible, and dare we say - fun for all learners. The successful candidate will report to the Director, eLearning Program Management and will be responsible for project managing their assigned eLearning initiatives from start to finish to support rapid growth within Veeva.
This is a work-anywhere, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. We have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for designing and writing eLearning courses, including on-screen text, voiceover scripts, suggestions for course interactions and learner engagement, as well as learner assessments
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and business teams to identify goals and expected outcomes for learning experiences
- Define course outlines and structures based on content needs analyses and collaborate with life sciences subject matter experts to have draft content written
- Apply knowledge of learning principles and theories during course design to create online learning experiences that align with expected learner outcomes
- Perform course quality checks to ensure all learner experience standards are met
- Publish course files and load into all content repositories
- Create and maintain accreditation documentation for new and existing courses
- Ensure all courses adhere to documented learner experience standards and update existing courses as needed to bring them into alignment with standards
- Potential for developing or updating simple eLearning multimedia utilizing Articulate Storyline 360 and video creation tools
- Working with cross-functional team members to ensure team success and deliver value
- 5+ years experience working as an Instructional Designer in the online learning space
- 5+ years experience creating training for life science organizations (Pharma, Med Dev, Biotech)
- 3+ years experience working directly with Articulate Storyline or equivalent eLearning development tool
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies and ability to evaluate learning effectiveness using instructional design assessment strategies
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Ability to present complex concepts in simple ways and translate highly technical language into plain language
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and technology solutions
- Experience working in or with the life sciences industry
Nice to Have
- Instructional Design Degree
- Learning Management System experience
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Company-provided equipment to set up your home office
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness reimbursements
- Mobile phone and home internet reimbursement
- Self-directed charitable giving
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
More Information on Veeva
Veeva operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in New York, NY, Boston, MA, Pleasanton, CA, San Francisco, CA, Raleigh, NC, Fort Washington, PA, Fishers, IN, Philadelphia, PA, Dublin, OH and Radnor, PA. Veeva was founded in 2007. It has 6000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Open door policy, Team based strategic planning, Open office floor plan, Employee resource groups, Employee-led culture committees and Remote work program. To see all 300 open jobs at Veeva, click here.
Read Full Job Description