Director, Product Design at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director, Product Design to lead the design strategy and outcomes, grow a team of designers to meet the needs of our ever-growing suite of services, and define the processes that make them successful. You’ll own the end-to-end design direction and design strategy for multiple product pods, contribute to our product roadmaps, and establish a strong design culture within our product development teams.
In this role, you will help define strategy, outcomes, and operations that allow our teams to build great products. Your partnership with our Product Management, Engineering, UX Research, cross-functional stakeholders, and customers will help us craft solutions that will be used by thousands of businesses to impact millions of end-users around the world.
What you'll work on:
- Building your team of designers, coaching and mentoring them to grow their skill sets
- Cultivating strong partnerships across various functions to shape our products, their roadmaps, and define outcomes
- Championing customer needs in the rapidly changing crypto and blockchain problem space
- Partnering closely with various teams at Circle to drive early alignment and prioritization around problems to solve
- Setting a high standard for the quality and intuitiveness of our experiences, making products behave in the ways our customers would expect
- Contributing to a design culture that fosters collaboration through diversity of thought, customer participation, and early engagement of team members
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Director, Product Design
- 12+ years of experience in UX or Product Design, with direct experience owning end-to-end product experiences
- 5+ years of design leadership experience, managing direct reports and design decisions
- Demonstrated experience hiring senior design talent, managing them, and developing their careers
- Ability to “connect-the-dots” through the work being done in other product areas to solve synonymous problems
- Have led full design lifecycle to successful outcomes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote