Deposit Servicing Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Deposit Servicing Specialist is part of the growing Operations department focusing on new and ongoing strategic initiatives that contribute to the success of the Phoenix Servicing Center. This role supports our customers and is vital in creating an exceptional customer experience, helping our customers navigate existing and new products. The ideal candidate thrives in a workplace that is constantly changing due to rapid growth and brings a positive mindset to our team environment.
Pay: $21.50/ hour
Available shifts are:
- Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday - Saturday 7:00 AM - 6:00PM
- Saturday - Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday - Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
*Weekends will include shift differential pay of an additional $2.50 per hour
What You’ll Do:
- Support our existing customers by responding to their questions via phone
- Balance between customer communication (phone) and system-based processing (estimated) 95/5 split between phone time and time processing in the system)
- Provide excellent customer service in all customer interactions
- Support operational policy and procedures by identifying and recommending improvements and updates to content
- Work hours may change to accommodate customer needs, this includes starting and finishing times as well as days worked. Our hours change with daylight savings.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support business needs
What We Look For:
- 1+ years experience in a service center environment, answering customer calls and resolving issues.
- Banking or financial services experience a plus
- Bring a flexible mindset – as a start up, we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high quality standards.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work with teammates to accomplish tasks and responsibilities everyday
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Capable of completing assigned tasks with careful attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment with ease and with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer You:
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.