Threat Intelligence Analyst - Cybercrime at Recorded Future (Washington DC)
With more than 800 employees, $200M ARR in 2021, 1,400+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest intelligence company!
This role: You will research and analyze underground sources such as forums, shops, marketplaces, and secure communication channels. You will also help identify sources, maintain persistence on those sources, and interact with threat actors to obtain information not publicly available. You will be engaged in both proactive research and in responding to requests from clients related to the dark web.
What you’ll do as a Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Research, track, and author finished intelligence reports on cybercriminal threat actors, tools, sources, and campaigns
- Support finished intelligence products for Recorded Future Analyst on Demand clients
- Identify and report proactive threat leads on new and emerging threats
- Assist with sourcing, collecting, and curating new data into the Recorded Future Platform
- Create and maintain access to underground sources of relevance
- Propose and oversee proactive reporting topics on cybercriminal-related TTPs and trends for internal and public consumption
What you’ll bring to the Threat Intelligence Analyst role (required):
- Knowledge and experience with analytic tradecraft, the intelligence cycle, open-source intelligence gathering techniques, and strong intelligence writing skills, techniques, and methodologies
- 4+ years of professional experience in roles in cyber intelligence, cybersecurity more broadly, cyber investigations, or other related disciplines
- Demonstrated experience operating on underground/deep web sources (forums, marketplaces, and shops) and other mediums of communications
- Knowledge of the structure and trends within the underground economy and landscape: common communications vectors, source locations, operations security considerations, etc.
- Experience with handling or transacting in cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct blockchain and cryptocurrency investigations
- Knowledge of money laundering, fraud, and current cyber crime TTPs
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a globally distributed environment
Additional skills/experience (preferred but not required):
- Foreign language proficiency: preference for Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, French, Turkish, Romanian, or Southeast Asian languages
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- Knowledge or understanding of the links and relationships between cybercriminal, hacktivist, extremist, and nation-state operations and organizations
- Knowledge of hacktivist trends and activities
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.