WellSky is seeking a savvy Senior Snowflake Data Engineer to join our BI team of analytic experts to build our next generation cloud data warehouse solutions. The data engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data flow and data pipeline architecture as well as migrating our data warehouse solution to the cloud platform in Snowflake. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Design and implement very large-scale data intelligence and data warehousing solutions in Snowflake, combined with other technologies.
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture. Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Proactively identify and propose new, alternative technology to create scalable implementations and achieve delivery results.
- Provide technical guidance and support to a vibrant engineering team
- Respond quickly and effectively to production data warehouse issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Improve and scale the existing products and tools to support our growth
- You will join a team of top engineers creating interactive reports and dashboards with stunning visualizations.
- You will have direct impact on the users of our solutions, mainly doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services.
- Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions.
- We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering ETL/ELT processes, data pipelines, data lakes, data warehouses and reporting platforms.
- 3+ years of architecting, designing, and building a fully operational production grade large scale data warehouse solution on Snowflake cloud platform. Recent hands-on experience with solid understanding of Snowflake implementation, SnowSQL, SnowPipe and query performance tuning is a must.
- 2+ years of experience working with data visualization and reporting tools like SisSense and/or Tableau
- Advanced SQL knowledge is a must.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with REST API development and consumption
- Experience working with cloud platform - AWS or GCP
- Experience and enjoy working in an Agile environment.
- Source control with Git/Git Hub
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a great team player
Do you stand above the rest?
- Experience with Legacy Data Warehouse migration to Snowflake is a BIG plus!
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js, React
- Experience with development skills: back-end (i.e., REST API, (Micro)Services, .NET Core, C#, SQL etc.) and front-end (i.e. TypeScript, Angular, React CSS, etc.) design and programming technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, etc.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools like Kafka, Streamsets, Matillion.
- Leveraging Splunk, Sumo, New Relic, CloudWatch for observability and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Bonus Points: Go to the top of the stack if you have Snowflake certification!
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
Come help us realize care’s potential!
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.