Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the team:
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. The People Analytics team uses data from various sources to drive recommendations across the full life cycle of candidates and employees. We’re looking for a Senior People Scientist to partner closely with leaders across the organization to test hypotheses and surface insights in support of critical decisions about our people.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Apply your expertise in research design, psychometrics, statistical modeling, and text analytics to help Robinhood make data-driven decisions about talent
- Lead a dynamic portfolio of large-scale analytics projects (e.g., recruiting capacity modeling, life cycle survey analyses) and smaller time-boxed ad hoc analyses
- Wrangle and prep data from disparate sources to examine complex and nuanced relationships among variables and perform analyses of differences across various employee segments of interest
- Develop repeatable data science pipelines in accordance with enterprise standards and best practices for efficient refreshes of high-impact PoCs
- Translate ambiguous problem statements into well-defined and testable hypotheses, and execute with speed, agility, and excellence, packaging findings into presentations and/or dashboards that delight target audiences
- PhD with 3+ years of experience, or MS with 5+ years of experience in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Labor Economics, Management, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative people research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups, longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, survival analysis, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R or Python
- Experience conducting empirical research and consulting on practical and data-based interventions, with knowledge of best practices in at least two of the following areas: employee engagement, performance management, diversity and inclusion, management development, leadership development, learning and development, compensation (e.g., pay equity), or retention
- 3+ years experience building reporting and self-service dashboards with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar
- Willingness and ability to be a utility player, diving in to support the diverse analytical needs coming from our partners
- Solid understanding of Greenhouse, Workday, and One Model
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth tech company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).