Partnership Analytics Senior Manager at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
- Lead a team of high caliber analysts and be responsible for their career development and growth
- Be a thought partner to product management, data science, business development, and marketing leaders to drive data-informed product/model/business decisions
- Develop learning agendas and test plans to support agile, data oriented decision making environment
- Design and implement tests (A/B and multivariate) to optimize drivers of acquisition, engagement, monetization and reactivation
- Partner with product/marketing, engineering and business intelligence to ensure proper instrumentation of tests
- Leverage internal and external data sources to perform data-driven exploratory analysis to generate hypotheses, identify gaps, and size opportunities for new initiatives
- Serve as an internal consultant for the marketing, product, or business development team for all things data and analytics
- Unlike some analytics functions, you are not a service provider. You’re a thought leader to the business, presenting fact-based recommendations that drive the Credit Karma business forward
What’s great about the role:
- You’ll get to solve highly analytical problems and have a direct impact on Credit Karma’s core marketing strategies
- Your work will help us design better products, improve user experience, and inform overall business strategy within Credit Karma and with our Partners
- This role is highly cross-functional, meaning you’ll work with teams from strategy, finance, product, marketing, business development, and data science
- 8+ years of analytics experience in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of prior experience managing people and teams
- Experience in driving analytics projects independently with deep attention to detail and communicating results broadly across the organization
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with exposure to R and/or Python
- Experience with digital/online marketing (SEM, Paid Social, Display, etc.) projects and analysis of very large, complex sets of data
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a startup like environment, moving quickly and handling changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders
- Experience with consumer finance/lending is a bonus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)