LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a director of data science who can help drive our science-forward product strategy and take our research to the next level. Liveperson has billions of goal oriented dialogs between customers and brands, and your job is to help a team of researchers use them to advance our product, by leveraging the cutting edge of language understanding and conversational dynamics. In this role, you will be leading a team of scientists focused on natural language processing, complex measurement of dynamical systems, dialog structure and management, and a range of other problems we have at LivePerson. Your team’s work will be brought to life through a stack based on the latest in open source model management capabilities, focused on painless and effective training and deployment of machine learning at scale.
In this role you will:
- Drive a research agenda focused on delivering innovative products, at scale.
- Help build ongoing collaborations with academic institutions to solve high-order problems, and ensure effective ongoing team building and recruiting.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, science, operations, security and executive leadership to set product strategy and vision, launch features, and develop new product opportunities for LivePerson.
- Create buy in for the research vision both internally at LivePerson and externally across partners.
- Work with innovative technologies incorporating AI, machine learning and conversational interfaces.
Your qualifications are:
- Expertise in delivering machine learned models into products at scale
- Significant theoretical and practical experience within the field of NLP, including within products that incorporate it
- Expertise in managing a research program in a business setting
- Experience communicating and collaborating effectively with product and engineering partners, managing shared roadmaps and dependencies.
- Strong skills communicating with executives and key leaders across the company, and building understanding with them of your team’s role, accomplishments, and requirements for success.
- Strong written communication; our culture lays emphasis on writing skills and narratives are how we communicate strategy to partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.