Compliance Analyst / Associate at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Analyst / Associate
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, conducting due diligence or enhanced due diligence on customers, assisting with customer onboarding and periodic reviews, responding to law enforcement inquiries, performing first-level analysis and adjudication of Transaction Monitoring alerts, evaluating first-level sanctions name screening alerts on customers or transactions, conducting first-level 314(a)/(b) name matching reviews, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department.
- Perform due diligence or enhanced due diligence on Gemini’s customers, as well as conduct periodic reviews of customer activity.
- Conduct first-level assessments of fiat and virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants further investigation
- Review first-level alerts on customer names or transactions for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media
- Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests
- Conduct the first-level review of sanctions or illicit activity red flags
- Be responsible for conducting and monitoring outreach to customers to gather additional information about their activities
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English
- Understanding of or familiarity with regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Exposure to blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.