BI Engineer III at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization, understand their current and future analytical goals and deliver scalable reporting solutions meeting their needs
- Use tools and programing methods to build scalable ETL framework that transforms and loads large volume of data to BQ data warehouse
- Work closely with engineers to troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues and maintain high level of data accuracy in analytical data platform
What’s great about the role:
- You have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in cutting edge big data technologies: BigQuery, Airflow, Looker, TensorFlow, etc.
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with product, engineering, marketing, business development, and data science
- Your work will help us design better products, improve user experience, and inform overall business strategy
- This role brings the best of both worlds: the experience of growing early-stage products and businesses with the support of a successful later-stage internet company
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge in SQL
- Solid understanding of DW design and data modeling
- Experience with one programming language: Python, Java, or Scala, etc.
- Familiar with at least one BI tool. Looker preferred.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and visualization skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)