Technical Support Engineer at OwnBackup (San Diego, CA)
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking for a Technical Support Engineer that is a natural troubleshooter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has great communication skills! A self-starter with the ability to prioritize their time for helping customers recover from mission-critical events. This is a unique opportunity to expand and utilize your support skills and experience through countless configurations and customer environments where our products are implemented for the ultimate hands-on experience!Your Day-to-Day Role
- Responsible for providing product support to OwnBackup’s customers.
- Assist customers with basic troubleshooting and answer questions within the defined support SLA
- Identifying root causes, proposing test cases, and proposing solutions to fix the problem.
- Providing timely information to customer-facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Building relationships with other teams across Customer Service, Development as a technical expert
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring, and alerting)
- Drive complex, high-profile, customer technical escalations
- Have a strong interest in growing your career and participating in our internal training programs and mentorship initiatives.
- 1+ year(s) experience with Salesforce as an Admin / Business Analyst - Advantage
- 1+ year(s) experience in Services and Support roles, such as Technical Support, Customer Success, Professional Services or Technical Consulting
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our San Diego, CA office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
The base salary hiring range for this position is $75,200 to $94,000. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon various factors such as education, training, skills, qualifications, competencies, years of experience, job-related knowledge, scope of the role, and location.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognizes employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
A Bit About Us
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.