Staff Information Security Engineer at ServiceNow (Orlando, FL)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
About Digital Technology
We're not yesterday's IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We're redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth.
We're all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow's journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
ServiceNow's Infrastructure Security Team is looking for a Staff Level Security Engineer to help us improve and maintain the security posture of the infrastructure that our SaaS based customer platform runs on. You will be developing and supporting critical processes ensuring that ServiceNow's security infrastructure remain free from compromise and available for realtime processes.
You will work on a fast paced team of exceptional engineers while you grow your skills and influence in ServiceNow. There are no limits to the opportunities for learning and career advancement at ServiceNow. We need creative solutions, quality implementations, and excellence in support across multiple security domain areas.
We look forward to your contributions to our charter.
What you'll do in this role:
- Deployment and configuration of security tools supporting the following security domain areas (network security, identity and access mgmt, prod host security, cryptography, and more)
- Assess security risks and impact of issues pertaining to ServiceNow.
- Work with stakeholders to provide triage and remediation recommendations.
- Partner with Compliance teams to ensure proper validation is being performed.
- Develop and implement innovations on the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide support for clients and customers
To be successful in this role you have:
- An expert level understanding of 2 or more of the following: security systems, s/w engineering and/or network engineering as demonstrated through professional experience. Preference is for 7 to 15 years of hands on security, network, and/or software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Solid understanding of computing systems, internet applications (IaaS, SaaS, etc)
- Solid understanding of network communications (OSI model)
- Degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of one or more security tools
- Solid intermediate understanding of one or more cloud computing platforms ( AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platforms)
- An analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral communication).
- Familiarity with ServiceNow platform a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.