Sr. Risk or Principal Associate at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Sr. Risk or Principal Associate
As a Financial Services Senior or Principal Risk Associate , you will provide professional risk judgment that enables business partners to tackle major company challenges. In this role, not only will you lean into your analytical and problem solving skills by developing and deploying innovative solutions to mitigate risks to the Company, but you will also grow your strategic and influencing skills as you create and implement risk strategies that enable the Company to win in the market. You will create order and sense out of complexity and uncertainty and enable confident, data-inspired decision making.
In this role, you will thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment that values unique perspectives, rewards innovation, and challenges the status quo. As an integral member of the team, you will have a high level of exposure across the division, partnering closely with senior business and risk office leaders, technology, compliance, legal, and Operational Risk Management.
In your role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of business strategies, products, services, and risk profile;
- Identify and assess the impact of the changing regulatory environment on business objectives and risk appetite;
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends and provide insights that support internal customers in decision-making;
- Support internal business resource planning by providing transparency to audit and regulatory engagements and commitments;
- Provide guidance and advice to business partners on implementing risk policies and programs;
- Drive collaboration between the risk, compliance, operational risk, and other business support functions (e.g., legal, privacy);
- Ensure independent escalation of risk management gaps, issues, and concerns to executive management and when appropriate, the Board of Directors, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas;
- Identify opportunities to improve risk management practices and develop solutions to perfect risk management, eliminate waste, and deliver an exceptional customer experience
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Inquisitive and Analytical - You ask why, explore possibilities, and bring your unique perspective to the table. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are a truth seeker. You make it your business to master the data and signals to drive innovative solutions that are grounded in evidence.
- Discerning and Deliberative - You are careful and methodical, navigate uncertainty and risks expertly, and have a knack for steering the team away from impulsive or ill-informed decisions.
- Action-Oriented & Results-Driven - You have a desire to take action, try new things, and sometimes fail. Roadblocks won't set you back, because you'll stay focused on your goals. You're organized, are up for juggling multiple deliverables, and prioritize your work while keeping the customer at the forefront of everything you do.
- Up for a Challenge & Fungible - Big, undefined, unfamiliar, and complex problems will be exciting for you as you work to identify well-rounded solutions. You have an insatiable appetite for learning, and are constantly seeking out new challenges.
- Passionate & Customer-Focused - You are customer obsessed. You make it your business to understand their needs and their goals and are not satisfied with anything less than an exceptional customer experience.
- Communicative and Influential - You communicate complex ideas concisely and convincingly. You adjust your communication to your audience and are comfortable with presenting to executive leadership.
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented - You value diverse perspectives and seek insights from others. You bring energy to the group and rally them around a common goal.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in project, process, or risk management
- At least 2 years of experience partnering across company lines of business
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in project or process management
- At least 4 years of experience in risk management
- At least 3 years of experience in presenting to senior leadership
- At least 1 year of experience in change management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).