Principle Associate, Site IT Support Engineer at Capital One (Washington DC)
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principle Associate, Site IT Support Engineer
The Support Innovation Site IT Support Engineer provides remote and onsite support of all technology equipment in back office locations for our internal knowledge workers. This person will be responsible for delivering and supporting the latest technology while maintaining a high level of reliability. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by technology and customer service, and have great attention to detail. Excellent communication skills are required and frequently utilized in this position.
- Lead a team of associates providing hardware and software field support
- Direct the installing, troubleshooting, and repairing of computer systems, printers, and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization
- Support corporate applications, leveraging knowledge of current and new technologies
- Fulfill IT Service Request for PCs, monitors, and other user equipment
- Anticipate the needs of clients and manage communications to provide a consistent workflow
- Provide on-premise support for projects and other support teams where needed
- Coordinate, provide training, and support IT related activities and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Lead and motivate a team of support technicians in fixing existing issues, new technologies, processes and procedures
- Support or lead any additional project work and task requested by management
- Automate solutions for common problems and find innovative ways to resolve issues
- Identify trends in incidents and work orders, identify solutions and reduce incidents
- Identify and propose possible solutions within the Site IT as well as other areas of IT including data and voice networks, software applications, and process improvements
- Work with groups across IT to test new software and provide feedback
- Learn and support new technology quickly
- Provide daily support of the Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS operating systems.
- Assist with the daily support of the appliance of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Microsoft Configuration Manager to the PC level.
- Networking support
- Test and repair Cat-5/6 cabling
- Replacing routers and switches
- Track equipment in networking IDF/MDF rooms
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge of laptop, tablet, and desktop hardware configuration, Microsoft Windows, Google G Suite Applications, Mobile device technology, Configuration Manager, and Active Directory
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to other branch or corporate office within region, possibly requiring early morning, nights or weekends as necessary, along with rotating 24/7 support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering; or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical work environment
- At least 3 years of experience with MacOS, including system image deployment, maintenance, software, and system testing, and encryption and security tools (McAfee and File Vault)
- At least 3 years of experience with productivity tools running on Windows and Mac's (Google G Suite and Zoom)
- At least 2 years of experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- At least 2 years of experience working with customers or end users
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a Windows or Mac environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with platform management and integration (JAMF Casper Suite, or SCCM)
- 2+ years people leader experience
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Windows and 3+ years experience with Apple Mac
- 3+ years experience with LAN equipment and 3+ years experience with WAN equipment
- 3+ years experience with remote PC support of users
- 1+ years experience with mobile devices
- Microsoft (MCP or MCSE), ITIL, CompTIA Certification, or A+ certifications
- Network + certification or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of or experience with imaging and diagnostic tools
- Utilization of remote control and other desktop support tools for problem resolution
- Experience with LAN and WAN equipment, including NICs, network cabling, routers
- General networking knowledge, TCP/IP and awareness of security
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical writing skills regarding the documentation of process and troubleshooting procedures for hardware/software issues
- Knowledge of Apple and mobile products including Apple IOS, Android, etc.
- Proficient with latest version of MS Windows and Mac OS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).