Landmark Health is hiring a new Manager, Application Security Engineering to lead our Ubiquity application security team. Ubiquity is the Landmark Health developed EHR system that powers our business. The ideal candidate is still hands-on and enjoys coding while also building and managing an agile Security Engineering team. In this role you will be responsible for setting the direction and strategy for the security team while embedding security best practices into all aspects of our software development process.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Hiring and talent management for a team of Security Engineers
- Train Security Engineers to screen applicants and conduct technical interviews
- Manage performance and goal setting for the team while improving performance through regular feedback
- Effectively manage conflicts within the team
- Help Security Engineers to develop and nurture their skills and experience
- Building processes that enable team members to collaborate and execute
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of your team while building an environment of mutual trust and psychological safety
- Lead application security reviews and threat modeling, including code review and dynamic testing
- Lead in development of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being use
- Guide and advise product development teams as SMEs in the area of application security
- Create training material and conduct training sessions with the engineering to increase the knowledge and focus on security for the team
- Own and perform application security vulnerability management
- Facilitate and support the preparation of security releases
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security
- Scale application security by developing automated security testing or centralized security libraries which scale directly with developers and enable them to more easily write secure code
- Prepare, deliver and create plans to meet meaningful Security Engineering metrics for Ubiquity
- Lead the development of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being used
- Become a significant stakeholder on improving security releases, lead and influence cross-functional positive changes
- Drive initiatives which scale application security and holistically address multiple vulnerabilities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years of hands on experience in Application, Networking or Cloud Security
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Solid development or scripting experience and skills. You're able to contribute to the product and its security significantly and effectively. Experience with C# and .Net Framework is a must
- Deep understanding and experience with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools
- Expert understanding of network and web related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, protocols)
- Solid foundation in networking and web security (SSL/TLS, OAuth, SAML, XSS, etc.)
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner
- Experience identifying security issues through code review
- Technical security certifications or academic background with security focus
- Solid background in the technology of at least one modern cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with the unique challenges to software development in the healthcare vertical
- Knowledge of security best practices specific to solutions using both private and public cloud
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL document database security best practices
- MongoDB experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only : The Salary range for Colorado re sidents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.