Chief Engineer at JLL (Indianapolis, IN)
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Circle Centre Mall Retail Chief Engineer
- Universal HVAC license
- Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ leading an engineering team
- 7+ years commercial facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership, and supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes
- Exposure to HVAC, Chiller Systems, ERU units, BMS, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
- Maintain advanced technical skills in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems; building automation systems; and related site-specific equipment.
- Experience reading and troubleshooting using electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's (or within 90 days of employment)
- Physical work requirements and work conditions:
- Climbing, lifting and various other physical demands typical with Chief Engineer position.
- Walking and standing for up to 8 hours a day.
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on roofs.
- Must be able to work in close and cramped spaces, and areas with low light or no light at all.
- May be exposed to inclement weather and/or excessive noise.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of all types of power tools.
- Ability to safely operate aerial lifts.
- If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date
- Must be available to work on-call, weekends or holidays as required for the operation of a retail commercial property
- Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis
- Oversees and engages in repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems.
- Diagnose, repair and install rooftop units, make-up air units, exhaust systems and controls.
- Serve as technical expert for all types of HVAC equipment
- Perform higher level maintenance tasks; offset need for contracted work by performing difficult tasks and projects with in-house maintenance staff when possible.
- Develop and implement site-specific preventative maintenance programs for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions
- Works with the Operations Manager to complete the following:
- Oversee the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment, including fire alarm and sprinkler system
- Implement, administer, and manage safety training program
- Alert management of building deficiencies
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure
- Supervise, train and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
- Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the engineering staff
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.