UC Specialist - Unified Communications as a Service at Talkdesk (Remote)
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
In the Unified Communications Business Unit you will find a welcoming, motivated, and collaborative team environment. We thrive to improve & innovate with every product release and customer integration, and have fun while getting better.
Our unit is responsible for the UCaaS & CPaaS products at Talkdesk including carrier management and voice integrations. Our focus is on building a global voice network that has maximum uptime, global reach, and excellent voice quality.
We envision business communications to be easy and uncomplicated to deploy and use. And to bring customer care & back-office teams together in a seamless and frictionless way.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won't let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Design interconnection solutions efficiently, with both customers and operators ensuring all involved adhere to technical requirements.
- Be driven by innovation, make sure Talkdesk customers and partners continue to be supported on the most evolved and reliable network.
- Provide technological guidance and support to the interconnection solution having in mind the rapidly growing customer base.
- Certify interoperability between Talkdesk's network and far end systems.
- 2 - 4 years experience with core signaling network nodes, designing and deploying voice infrastructure elements.
- Working experience with IMS interworking (knowledge of IMS architecture).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VoIP related protocols (SIP, RTP).
- IP networks troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience with signaling analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark).
- Experience building highly available and scalable systems.
- Experience with open-source sip proxies (kamailio, opensips) is a plus.