Senior Manager, Client Care Operations at Visa Inc, (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to be an effective liaison between business stakeholders, technology development and outsourced partners
- Strong relationship management skills
- Provide partnership and strategic advisory support to Executive Staff
- Collaborate with executive business partners to gain understanding of strategic Client Care projects and initiatives
- Able to set priorities, effect change, manage expectation through influence and partnership
- Able to effect change and manage expectation through influence and partnership
- Team player with the ability to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization
- Ability to facilitate - provide thought leadership to managers, supervisors, business stakeholders, IT organization, and solution developers
- Partner with Client Care and other leaders and cross-functional teams to identify project risks, and appropriately escalate issues with mitigation plans and path to resolution
- Establish and manage expectations through-out the project lifecycle, follow defined scope management processes, including robust communication plans to ensure appropriate teams and stakeholder involvement is in place
- Demonstrated ability to consider broad strategic issues beyond the immediate tasks at hand and articulate affect-impacts
- Collaborate with Business Leaders to manage key performance metrics and assist with budget management and initiative roadmap documentation
- Develop and support a strategy and technology investment roadmap
- Focuses on annual operational plans and projects where initiatives and processes are of moderate complexity and provides guidance to other staff members
- Through continuous Improvement, work to provide productive operational impact and contribute to the development of functional strategies that results in process improvement, changes to application functionality, or modification to technology components (reduced cost of ownership-usage, highest return for investment)
- Improve corporate knowledge and best practices by creating or enhancing documentation and processes for project team and others within the business
- Seasoned professional with excellent management skills who can manage a team of experienced independent professionals and SMEs
- Able to motivate staff and influence their tasks to align with organizational goals and priorities
- 360 degree - Manage and mentor program management and operations staff to build talent capability
- Coaches and reviews the work of peers and other professionals, influences others within team and beyond regarding practices, procedures, and policies
- Provide strategic direction and tactical leadership of day-to-day responsibilities for the program management and operations teams and ensure proper staffing and training to accomplish departmental goals and objectives
- Coordinate the auditing and testing of technology platforms as needed to ensure compliance with operational and legal requirements
- Support Annual and ad-hoc funding of critical business initiatives from funding request and definition through delivery. This includes justification, initiation, requirement definition, and risk identification
- Effectively Manage Client Care portfolio of multiple, multi-year development projects with accountability to delivery scope, schedule, and cost from Ideation through delivery and beyond
- Very Strong project - Program management background, Certified Project Management (PMP) preferred but not required
- Works independently with limited supervision
- Strong understanding of multiple project - program lifecycle methodologies, techniques and best practices including Waterfall, Agile and blended methodologies
- Very knowledgeable about software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support
- Consult with key participants and rapidly assess project needs to determine and execute the most effective project approach to meet business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Lead project planning activities and provide management support for tools and infrastructure needed to support strategic business initiatives, including new project implementation and ongoing BAU maintenance of production tools and systems
- Support Business Case development for enhancement and project funding requests as needed with qualitative and quantitative business rational development. Understands and can articulate business impacts and-or benefits of business requirements
- Provide definition and delivery of assigned initiatives including project financial justification, initiation, requirement definition, planning, financial oversight, risk management, execution and control, reporting, project closure, and user activation
- Ability to drive cross-functional project teams of services personnel dispersed across multiple geographies and disciplines in a matrix structure where none of the resources report directly to the program manager
- Where appropriate, facilitate and participate in project meetings, ensuring the project team is progressing in the delivery against its commitments with the highest quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Coordination of User Acceptance Validation (UAV) process for releases, this includes identifying participants, validating the UAV Test Plan, validating test scripts, performing UAV, validate issue resolution
- Utilizing knowledge of enhancement or application being deployed, perform deployment validation to assure functionality to be released meets business criteria and objectives of deployment
- Expertise in all aspects of project cost accounting from ideation through closure
- Consult with key participants and assess project needs to determine and execute the most effective business requirements approach to meet business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Lead and facilitate the requirements elicitation using an array of methods including interviews, document analysis, modeling, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, virtual visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, personas, business analysis, and-or task-workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user want - requirements from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to generate and contribute to Functional-Nonfunctional requirements, process flows including as-is and to-be, Use Cases, personas, user stories, process flows, Screen and Interface models
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 8 plus years-experience as project-program manager-Subject Matter Expert, delivering complex system-integrated business application projects. Ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience with project planning, execution, go-to-market activities, and managing cross-functional, global project teams
- Management consulting experience with a large professional services firm a plus, and-or employment with a Fortune 100 company, or equivalent Visa experience
- Motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams to achieve desired results, effectively prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives and complex situations simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Ability to be an effective liaison between business stakeholders, technology development and outsourced partners
- Visa subject matter and-or payments - gateway expertise. Become Subject Matter Expert and take on Program Level Ownership and coordination to support technology growth for a Client Care LOB
- Excellent analytical, communication, written, presentation, interpersonal, time management, and critical thinking skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups or executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to use critical thinking and superior analytical techniques to identify business needs and determine creative solutions to business problems
- Expertise in requirements development methodology, application development, and project management methods
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g., MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Teams, Excel, SharePoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of CRM, Telephony, Chat, Knowledge Management, Power BI and Survey Technologies and the Payments industry is preferred, with high preference for Microsoft Dynamics and Genesys experience.
- Understanding of Genesys IWS, Chat, Telephony, IVR and associated routing, queue functionality and reporting
- Experience with Knowledge Management systems and methodologies and KM governance
- Understanding and a willingness to learn Artificial Intelligence related to Bot and reporting functionality
- Understanding and a willingness to learn Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning related to Knowledge Management Associate and Client Search technologies (Coveo) and case deflection
- Knowledge of Survey technologies (Medallia) and key performance metrics to be used to monitor and effect change
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.