Manager - Client Success at Morgan Stanley (Salt Lake City, UT)
Introducing Morgan Stanley at Work:
We know a lot about investing and are certain there's no better investment a company can make than in its employees. People don't just drive a company; they are the company. So when people work at their best, companies do too. Morgan Stanley at Work, a division of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, provides workplace financial solutions that build employee financial confidence, foster loyalty and help our corporate clients attract and retain top talent. Our end-to-end offering spans Equity, Financial Wellness and Retirement Solutions. Plus, we provide all employees with Financial Empowerment, so they have the knowledge, tools and support needed to make the most of their workplace financial benefits.
What you'll be part of - our Morgan Stanley at Work culture:
At Morgan Stanley at Work, we walk the talk. We have created a place for our employees to learn, achieve and grow - a place for people to build a career where you can thrive both personally and professionally. We are passionate about exceeding our clients' expectations and helping them succeed. We are fearless in taking on new challenges that deliver exceptional results. We believe amazing things can happen when we work together in an environment where everybody has a true sense of belonging and their ideas are heard.
We value differences and are committed to providing a work environment where our people can do their best work. We look for people who are problem solvers, empathetic listeners, team players and inclusive leaders. We are committed to your growth and development, and your entire employee experience. We recognize that our people and culture are the keys to our success. We invite you to explore how you can be an integral part of our team.
U.S. Public Equity Solutions:
U.S. Public Equity Solutions is responsible for the engagement, onboarding and day-to-day service management of corporate clients and their equity administration plan terms and associated service offerings.
Client Success Management:
The Client Success Management (CSM) organization provides ongoing corporate client stock plan servicing on both the Shareworks and Equity Edge Online platforms, for corporate clients who choose to outsource the support of critical functions of equity compensation, as well as those who elect to maintain administrative responsibilities within their corporation. Operating with deep business acumen and robust platform knowledge, the CSM organization supports corporate clients with daily, monthly, and annual event processing and case management. Team members research and respond to client inquiries and issues, in a timely manner, complying with internal SLAs and ensuring a positive client experience. Operating with a "One team" mindset, the CSM organization supports the new client Onboarding and Go-to-market teams with servicing inquiries for seamless client support. The mission of the Client Success Management organization is to deliver best in class service, ease of use, and flawless execution, resulting in the establishment of trusted partnerships with clients.
Manager, Client Success Role:
The Manager for Client Success is responsible for managing a team of Client Success Managers. They are responsible for providing strong leadership to the team, as well as taking responsibility for management-related items such as development, performance management, recruitment, team building, and involvement in escalated issues as necessary.
Manager, Client Success Responsibilities:
- Manages U.S. Client Success Managers with respect to client interaction, communication tactics and processes. Supports Client Success Managers in their roles through understanding and facilitating client needs, and gaining knowledge in Shareworks by Morgan Stanley and our systems
- Facilitates the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of Client Success Managers
- Evaluating internal and external client processes for greater efficiency and scalability, making recommendations and changes as needed
- Establishes new processes to leverage existing technologies and practices for greater efficiency and scalability
- Supports the Client Success Management team during client escalations as required
- Interacts closely with both U.S. and global internal teams to ensure service expectations are met
- Assists with internal team communications and education, as needed
- Ensures client relationships with respect to account administration for U.S. client base are intact and proactively cultivated, ensuring client satisfaction levels with respect to U.S. client base are maintained and increased appropriately
The Client Success Management (CSM) organization provides ongoing corporate client stock plan servicing on both the Shareworks and Equity Edge Online platforms, for corporate clients who either choose to outsource the support of critical functions of equity compensation, as well as those who elect to maintain administrative responsibilities within their corporation. Operating with deep business acumen and robust platform knowledge, the CSM organization supports corporate clients with daily, monthly and annual event processing and case management. Team members research and respond to client inquiries and issues, in a timely manner, complying with internal SLAs and ensuring a positive client experience. Operating with a One team mindset, the CSM organization supports the new client Onboarding and Go-to-market teams with servicing inquiries for seamless client support. The mission of the Client Success Management organization is to deliver best in class service, ease of use, and flawless execution, resulting in the establishment of trusted partnerships with clients.
The Client Success Manager role supports an assigned base of Corporate Clients, applying equity compensation expertise in the delivery of high-quality stock plan administration services and serving as a trusted Client advocate and partner. The Client Success Manager partners with various internal teams, including Operations, Relationship Management, and Product Development to deliver industry leading solutions and services to equity compensation support Clients.
- Ensures all participant stock plan transactions are correctly processed and settled in a timely manner (ESPP Purchases, ESPP sales, Option Exercises, SWAPS, Reloads, Option Grants etc.)
- Ensures the record keeping and settlement of trades are processed.
- Manages all Events, with exception of Corporate Actions
- Maintains and creates event timelines and operating procedures with a focus on process improvements
- Supports Valuation Reporting, Section 16 Insider Reporting & Client-specific custom processes (e.g. custom reports, scripts, etc.)
- Prepares accurate daily/monthly/year end reporting and reconciliation
- Supports Monthly balancing of Client plans
- Processes timely and accurate data updates, data manipulation and data management by updating the software per client instruction
- Supports Client engagement activities including preparation and participation in Client status updates
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to all equity related inquiries and corrections internally and externally
- Trouble shoots req breaks, ensuring deliveries, and if outages occur, ensures they are addressed
- Tracks Client Action plans and Open Items, and manages them to resolution
- Supports maintenance of Corporate Profiles
- Develops Knowledge of data flows between interfacing systems in support of issue resolution and inquiry response
- Participate in sales presentations, as needed
- Participates, as needed, in product testing and validation using product knowledge to identify and document bugs as well as suggests enhancements
- Any other activities as determined by organization
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Commerce or similar is preferred
- Demonstrated success with managing a team of direct reports and actively cultivating employee development
- CEP Certification is preferred, not required. Level 1 required within 12 months of hire
- Relevant industry (technology/financial services/equity compensation) experience considered an asset
- Experience managing and measuring client satisfaction levels and ongoing initiatives, including identifying opportunities for improvement in tools and processes
- Exposure to or experience with Shareworks® software would be an asset
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, build relationships, manage and lead a diverse range of personalities and roles both internally and externally
- Ability to problem solve, design and implement new procedures, and train staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage, multi-task, prioritize and maintain multiple projects, tasks, clients, and activities with changing priorities
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, including proven ability to become a "trusted advisor" with senior members of client organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, particularly in conversation with executive-level decision makers
- Proven, superior problem-solving skills and abilities, including the ability to make sound decisions and find viable solutions under tight timelines and in ambiguous circumstances
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet)