F117 Customer Support Engineer- Systems (Hybrid) at Raytheon Technologies (Hartford, CT)
| Hartford, CT
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:46 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Date Posted:2022-09-13-07:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USAPratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is: HybridHybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.Are you ready to go beyond?This is a great development opportunity for a self-motivated individual that will support multiple systems components while developing their technical skills and becoming a more well-rounded individual. This is a unique position that will allow the individual to gain cross functional knowledge and experience that will aid in the individuals professional development and support future career opportunities.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide rotational type technical support to the F117 systems team. This position will support all of the F117 systems components and will provide support driven by demand and/or need within the group. Tasks will include but are not limited to investigations, technical presentations, position paper authoring, Technical Manual Updates, root cause and corrective action investigations, service bulletin creation, adhoc admin requests, and engine history research.
- Form and lead cross functional teams with the customer, CSE, and CIPTs to resolve F117 engine operation, test, troubleshooting and logistical issues.
- Lead investigations on engine or aircraft interface issues to identify root cause of anomalies and identify improvements
- Write Position Papers using technical data provided by other organizations to transmit recommendations and verify effectiveness and closure of recommendations.
- Coordinate with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) to support including activities involved in implementing, conducting, DR, SIB, or MIP investigations and submission of a DR final letter or report.
- Co-Lead, coordinate, prepare and present technical and in support of Propulsion Technical Meetings and Propulsion Users Conferences
- Present major issues and solutions to internal management team and external customers in various communications meetings
- Participate in Weekly customer telecoms to provide status of CSE activities.
- Create, manage, and execute presentations across multiple organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience/training required
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience working with commercial or military turbine engines required
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience with design, manufacture, or maintenance of the F117/PW2000 engines is a plus
- Demonstrated successful management of large-scale projects, including the management of multiple priorities in parallel
- Experience with field service, logistics, corrective actions, and writing technical reports
More Information on Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Waltham, MA. Raytheon Technologies was founded in 2020. It has 27 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Raytheon Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description