Communications and PR Specialist - Social Forums
Two Barrels is hiring a Communications and PR Specialist - Social Forums. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time, 40 hour/week M-F position with company benefits. This is a remote position. Our main office is in Spokane, WA, and we have satellite offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT.
Two Barrels is searching for a Communications and PR Specialist - Social Forums who is going to cut through all the BS out there and provide facts and information to the people who want it, who need it, and especially those who need to be educated on how things work with our products. We don't need a front person to smile, wave, and be stiff; we need someone who tells it how it is, but you know... make it positive, professional, productive, and fun.
We are a cool group of people that has a good time, but we get stuff done. Everything has a learning curve, but if you're our person, that doesn't scare you, it excites you. You're going to have to learn a lot, research a lot, and be our expert at communicating that to the general public, clients, and internal staff at times. We can guarantee you a wild ride.
Remote | Spokane - Austin - SLC |
$60,000 - $85,000/year
- Manage all social media platforms via comments and forums. Platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, etc.
- Address any positive, neutral, or negative comments promptly, professionally and effectively and in line with company objectives
- Work with design and marketing teams to create content
- Develop strategy and content for industry specific remarks which require research, message development and gathering materials for use in internal and external presentations
- Create, implement and oversee communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its work, services and activities. Amplify stories across our organization using channels to build engagement
- Develop and maintain consistent brand messaging across all communication channels, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and values
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including media contacts, partners, and community members
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for marketing and communication efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different audiences
- At least 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in a communications or PR role
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and expertise in existing and emerging media platforms
- Experience in media relations, including press release writing and media pitching
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse forum members, build relationships, and resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Professional experience in the Domain Registrar industry
- A deep understanding of online social forums, community dynamics, and best practices for community engagement
Why you might like this job:
You are the kind of person who likes to get the message out to the fans, the naysayers, the uninformed, and the everyday curious people. You're bored of your current cookie-cutter role and want real problems to solve that actually require deep thought and research. You've been in the depths of the social media world, and have come out wanting more.
- Great Wage & Success Meetings with your manager
- Work From Home comfort package & company provided equipment
- 22 days paid time off annually, PLUS 4 paid holidays
- 4% 401k employer matching through Fidelity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
- Crappy parking? Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options...