Business Data Analyst - Salesforce
This role is HYBRID, 3 Days a week at our UL Vancouver Office.
- Assists with the definition and development of user-friendly reports and graphics that integrate and convey complex data/information and maintains data catalog to provide key data sources to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced statistical methods.
- Works within established guidelines and policy.
- Aggregates data to test hypotheses, prepares and analyzes data to meet the needs of efficient data analysis, using technical experience and judgement.
- Assists with developing programming solutions to conduct data preparation, analysis and visualization in support of statistical modeling, data analytics and interpretation.
- Transforms complex data into creative graphs, tables, charts and other graphics in order to present and/or share the data in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Assesses trends and provides analysis to identify emerging business critical issues. Identifies and defines opportunities for safety solutions by analyzing historical patterns.
- Assists in defining, developing and deploying data, analytics and reporting products and services.
- Conducts data validation, statistical analyses, and data mapping.
- Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct and follow all physical and digital security practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelors degree) in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related discipline and generally three plus years of experience in data and statistical analysis strongly preferred.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Power BI, data management and data integration skills with an ability to organize, analyze and correlate data information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Previous experience doing large scale data analysis preferred.
- Ability to organize, analyze and correlate data information.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 129 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: The salary range for this position is $50,000-$70,000 of the salary range and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 10% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers' product innovation and business growth.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers' products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission.
We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future.
From the adoption of electrification to the enablement of 5G and new mobility, we collectively look toward new frontiers, working for a safer world. Our science is your advantage.
Mission: Working for a safer world
ABOUT THE TEAM
We solve our customers' problems. \"Helping clients meet their safety and performance goals means understanding their business processes from start to finish and not just focusing on project parameters.\" UL Solutions' Software & Advisory (S&A) services help customers reduce complexity, ensure compliance, improve quality and operational performance, and drive sustainability.