AVP, Responsible AI
Description and Requirements
AVP, Responsible AI
Location: Cary, NC or NYC
Role: Oversees the strategic implementation, development, and deployment of artificial intelligence initiatives in the organization. Primary focus will be to identify opportunities for AI integration, ensure adherence to ethical standard, drive innovation, and optimize AI solutions to meet business objectives and enhance overall operations and customer experience.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the enterprise AI's strategy, identifying areas where AI can create value, increase efficiency, and drive innovation across the company.
- Work closely with key subject matter experts to support the definition and implementation of ethical guidelines for AI development and deployment.
- Monitor the execution of the responsible AI program for the company. Apply a methodology to continuously measure performance of deployed AI solutions, test for biases and fairness, analyze their effectiveness, and propose ways to optimize them.
- Work closely with partners ensuring data is managed, stored, and used responsibly and ethically, in compliance with regulations.
- Supervise and manage the efforts to catalog, classify, and optimize data assets for AI applications. Provide expert advice that allows informed decision-making.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with AI initiatives, such as bias in algorithms, data security vulnerabilities, and operational disruptions.
- Develop ethical guidelines and frameworks specifically tailored for generative AI, ensuring responsible and ethical use in creating content, images, text, or other generated material.
- Ensure that AI initiatives align with ethical standards and regulatory requirements, such as data privacy, security, and fairness in AI decision-making.
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to align governance strategies with existing laws and regulations, as well as address any emerging legal concerns related to responsible use of AI.
- Champion the responsible adoption of AI, ensuring transparency, fairness, and accountability in AI decision-making processes.
- Promote a culture of Responsible AI by developing communications, learning content, forums that raise awareness, and advocate for ethical data practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, or related discipline (Master's or PhD preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in leading AI initiatives, deploying AI solutions and managing AI projects.
- Deep understanding of ethical considerations in AI and experience implementing governance frameworks, especially Gen AI or high-impact decision making AI systems.
- Strong understanding of security, privacy, and compliance regulations.
- Ideal candidate must present a blend of legal, technical, and ethical expertise, as well as the ability to influence and drive change throughout the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disability/Veterans
If you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]. This information will be held in confidence and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the application process.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.