The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems and Operations Assurance Department (SOAD) is the source of expertise in Operations and Facilities Engineering, Product and Process Assurance, Quality (QA) and Manufacturing Engineering to our corporate customers. SOAD provides an array of technical capabilities that support our customers in assuring the availability, readiness and success of ground assets/services required to meet the needs of the space enterprise.
We have a current need for motivated architects/project managers to join our high-performing team in solving some of today's hardest problems and help evolve our capabilities in meeting the technical challenges of tomorrow. This position requires an innovative but decisive individual who works effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment that can set goals/expectations and effectively execute. We are seeking experienced candidates with the ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams proficient in all phases of project design and controls, including architectural programming, requirements/concept design development, construction, operations & maintenance/sustainment.
We expect the candidate to:
- Be self-motivating and able to work without appreciable direction from management with overall responsibility for project engineer and project administrator duties directly relating to each project
- Serve as project leader and coordinator of a team of technical contributors, identifying issues, prioritizing tasks, facilitating communications, and acting as spokesperson for the working group
- Provide technical expertise in identifying innovative technologies and operational enhancements to improve facility design, safety, resiliency/reliability, and cost efficiency
- Utilize and/or develop and implement advanced analytical techniques to evaluate facility systems and optimize overall systems design
- Deliver independent, data-driven technical reports and recommendations to management and customers through effective verbal and written communication
- Develop/evaluate design criteria; review A-E design packages for adherence to design objectives, technical completeness, and accuracy; support construction and commissioning activities
- Develop project scopes of work and pre-conceptual design documentation, budgets, project cost estimates and planning/scheduling documentation to support the facility acquisition/procurement process
- Employ a rigorous and methodical approach to problem solving and identifying root cause of facility system failures
- Act as mentor to team members, providing orientation, technical guidance, and development insight
- Travel to customer and/or government facilities while representing the company and department in a professional manner
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Architecture, Project/Construction Management, or related engineering degree from an accredited school
- A minimum eight (8) years of experience in facility design, construction, operation, and maintenance, preferably in a US-based Architect-Engineer (A&E) firm
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) license (current)
- Demonstrated experience with the programming, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of large multi-site/facility and campus type facilities
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to lead multi-discipline project teams
- Self-Starter with proficient time management skills to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously and deliver results within established time boundaries
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of current commercial building codes and regulations (e.g., IBC, NFPA, etc.)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or analogous computer-aided drafting programs
- Development of statements of work and project cost estimating experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability and willingness to travel (Domestic/International)
- Current TS/SCI security clearance or ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Professional Bachelor of Architecture (BARCH), master's degree in architecture or advanced degree in related engineering field
- LEED Accreditation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with high density data center design, construction and operations and maintenance
- Experience with the design, maintenance and operations and maintenance of federal, military and/or space launch base facilities and their related infrastructures
- Working knowledge with FedStd 209E/ISO 4644-1 cleanroom facilities design, construction and operation and maintenance
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure control and supervisory systems (e.g., SCADA, DCS)
- Working knowledge of US defense industry facility acquisition and operations practices
- Working knowledge of US Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facility Criteria (UFC) documents
- Working knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) provisions and their role in the federal facility acquisition process
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$103,285 - $168,019 - $232,752
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.