Who We Are
DebtBook is an industry-leading fintech software platform that revolutionizes the way local governments, higher education, healthcare organizations and their finance teams work. Our powerful, cloud-based software helps these organizations manage all aspects of their debt, leases, and subscriptions, streamline financial reporting, and share information simply with others.
About the Role
The Accounting Product and Enablement Associate will provide support directly to the Head of Accounting Services and the client operations team through becoming familiar with the application, in particular as it relates to the lease functionality portion. You will be involved in all aspects of lease accounting functionality from initial data input review to client onboarding, support and education. You will participate in ensuring the quality of all accounting functionality and accounting services provided by DebtBook.
What You’ll Do
- Review lease inputs for completeness and accuracy prior to upload into the application;
- Process lease inputs using input template to ensure consistency and accuracy of the schedules produced;
- Collaborate closely with the client operations team to ensure the lease functionality onboarding process runs smoothly;
- Educate clients around the features and capabilities of the lease portion of the application;
- Assist with compiling content for internal and external release to aid current and potential clients in complying with upcoming lease standards change;
- Assist with maintenance of applicable accounting standards and related information in the Company’s Confluence database;
- Assist team members and clients with accounting related questions.
What You Bring
- 1 year of public accounting experience;
- Proficiency in data manipulation and analysis in Excel;
- Exceptional communication, organization and analytical skills;
- Willingness to collaborate with other team members to achieve shared objectives;
- Bonus points for: Governmental or non-profit experience; familiarity with the new lease standards.
Proud to be named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Charlotte’s Business Journal, DebtBook is a fast-growing company where we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference.
When it comes to benefits and perks, we are committed to supporting our employees’ well-being to make their lives better, both in and out of the office. We offer:
- Competitive salaries plus equity (stock options) for all employees;
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match;
- Flexible work schedules and generous leave policies (including unlimited PTO);
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement;
- Family and wellness perks;
- Monthly get-togethers;
- Stipends for remote workers to set up their ideal work space;
- Top-of-the-line equipment, and a newly furnished office.
DebtBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and prohibit discrimination and unlawful harassment in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based upon their qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, National Guard or veteran status, disability, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. We welcome and encourage applicants with disabilities to contact our team for assistance during the application and hiring process. We are committed to expanding accessibility and making reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law.