After an impressive 30 percent year-over-year growth in revenue totaling $100 million in 2021, IT software firm ScienceLogic is starting the New Year with a massive hiring spree.
ScienceLogic enables enterprises to adopt the cloud with products that allow them to digitally monitor entire networks at scale. The company plans to fill over 200 positions across various departments this year, 30 percent of which will be tied to its headquarters in Reston.
This is the second recent hiring spree from ScienceLogic. Last year, the company added a net total of 150 positions to its 500+ workforce, losing only a small percentage to the Great Resignation.
ScienceLogic Head of HR George Rau attributes much of the company’s growth to its strong retention rates. According to him, ScienceLogic employees stay at the company because of its people-first culture and supportive environment.
“We acknowledge that work is a subset of life. … When you treat people like people — when you treat them with respect — you get 110 percent back,” Rau told Built In in an interview, adding that CEO David Link is a big proponent of work-life balance. “One of the big reasons I love working for [David Link] is that he’s very supportive.”
In addition to a people-first mindset, the company offers robust health and wellness programs as part of its employee benefits including a new mental health program, unlimited PTO, parental leave, fitness subsidies, an FSA and more.
Rau says ScienceLogic’s hybrid work model also helps keep retention levels high. Employees at the company’s new downtown Reston headquarters are able to sign up for desks in advance and come into the office only when they actually need to. Due to the pandemic, 30 percent of ScienceLogic’s employees are hybrid. The remaining 70 percent are either fully remote or global, according to the company.
“This isn’t a company that’s going to be looking over your shoulder or micromanaging you. You should come into the office when there’s a purpose for you to be here,” he adds.
While ScienceLogic didn’t share specifics about its plans for 2022, its recent growth does leave a number of opportunities open for the company. One of those may be an IPO. ScienceLogic recently hired Todd Harris as its first chief legal officer to advise the company if it does choose to go public. The company may also consider further strategic partnerships or investment, but says its main goal is to continue to perform and expand its team.
In the meantime, ScienceLogic is actively hiring for dozens of roles spanning finance, sales, engineering, operations, product and design.