Vice President, Client Engagement
Everspring is seeking an experienced professional with client services/customer success background. We are adding a VP of Client Engagement to our growing team of client managers. The role is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of university partnerships nationwide. This includes accountability for fostering strong relationships with key university stakeholders, coordinating service delivery across internal partners and functions, and delivering outstanding financial and operational results. The VP of Client Engagement will report to EVP of Client Engagement.
The role provides overarching project management for unique and complex technology-enabled services, including acting as a central point of communication for university partners, serving as a resource for Everspring's functional teams operating in a matrix environment, identifying and resolving operational challenges.
This position is hybrid requiring two days in the office a week reporting into our Chicago office.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an enthusiastic self-starter with strong leadership skills, who enjoys fast-paced environment and is a consensus builder internally and externally
- Has demonstrated success managing client relationships in complex technology and professional services implementations
- Has an accountability mindset, enjoys taking ownership of difficult issues to successful resolution while meeting the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders
- Is a natural collaborator, with exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including the confidence to organize and facilitate effective meetings with senior-level executive and university stakeholders
Maximize university relationships:
- Build strong and trusting relationships with key university stakeholders
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise, competitive understanding, and thought leadership needed to become a trusted partner and advisor at multiple stakeholder levels
- Develop and implement plans to maximize the financial and strategic value of university program portfolios
- Ensure that strategic and performance goals are being delivered on all accounts, and that our university partners' needs are being met
- Work with marketing and analytics peers to identify new program opportunities and expand existing partnerships
Act as central point of communication and single point of escalation for service delivery issues:
- Communicate strategic direction, key activities, and results to key stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project milestones and accomplishments, highlighting Everspring's contributions to our clients' success
- Plan and lead thought leadership meetings and communications to partners
- Manage change requests, delivering difficult messages in a positive and effective manner both internally and externally, including acting as an internal advocate for our partners
- Plan, prepare and lead regular account reviews for Everspring executives that provide meaningful insight into service operations
Provide overarching project management and performance accountability
- Define account strategies and build corresponding account plans and timetables
- Translate strategic goals and objectives into clearly defined action steps and proposals
- Monitor service delivery and track client requests, to exceed targets and ensure successful service delivery
- Manage and measure key project milestones and key performance indicators to meet strategic, performance, and client satisfaction goals, meeting or exceeding targets
- Pre-emptively identify and resolve potential conflicts and challenges
- Support functional leads in managing and delivering contractual and performance commitments
Develop processes, materials and support tools
- Implement functional best practices to support exceptional client satisfaction outcomes
- Track, analyze and continuously improve metrics on service delivery, quality and client satisfaction
- Provide actionable information to functional leads to align services with client needs
- Analyze, organize, and present performance data to deliver valuable and actionable insights to Everspring leadership and key university stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years experience leading professional services delivery
- 5+ years of hands-on account management experience, delivering complex services to institutional and enterprise clients
- Higher Education experience is preferred
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to achieve revenue and service targets
- Proven account management skills and a track record of delivering outstanding results
- Superior problem solving skills and project management ability, including experience working with multiple stakeholders and balancing business priorities
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including well-developed negotiation and conflict management skills
- Fluent in project management practices and operational knowledge of Tableau, Salesforce, Jira, Excel
- Self-starter, with superior organizational ability, and a demonstrable record of leading through influence, across multiple levels and functions within a complex organization or institution
- Demonstrated ability to meet challenging deadlines while delivering high quality work, with a rigorous attention to detail
- A natural "people person," comfortable with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to travel nationally. The average would consist of 5-8 days per month/2 days per week.
- Full vaccination - as defined by the CDC - is required
Everspring is a leading provider of education technology and service solutions. Our advanced technology, proven marketing approach, research-based instructional design services, and robust faculty support deliver outstanding outcomes for our university partners, powering their success online. Everspring offers a range of full-service turnkey solutions, as well as standalone single service offerings, and innovative self-service products that enable universities to establish and maintain themselves as leaders in the digital delivery of education.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021, 2022 and 2023. We offer benefits that include hybrid work arrangement, FSA, health insurance, dental, short term and long term disability, 401k with an employer match, a generous PTO plan that accrues with tenure, professional development, pet insurance and more!
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.