Utility Sales Director
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world's leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Utility Sales Director to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you will contribute:
This role requires a senior leader that has an exceptional understanding of the enterprise buying processes. A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas is a must. An in-depth understanding of (or passion and desire to learn about) the electric, gas and water utility buying economics (including how the both regulated and non-regulated utility models work) is a must. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, intelligent Sales leader who has a proven track record of exceeding quota, new business targets and landing multi-million dollar deals selling large complex software, SaaS or services sales. There is a clear expectation for the Director, Utility Sales to demonstrate specific and current domain expertise, which can be leveraged from day one to quickly build a strong business pipeline and to meet sales targets. Candidates who meet the following baseline criteria will receive strong consideration for this role...
What you get to do:
- "Prospector of New Business/ Customers" and ability to develop a robust pipeline within the assigned territory.
- Ability to apply a consultative sales approach to new and existing customers.
- Identify, reach and influence C-level decision makers, stakeholders and industry influencers within targeted accounts and territory.
- Work closely with senior executives to develop sales strategies and tactics to close business and build reference accounts.
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team, Delivery, Marketing and Product teams to exceed customer expectations and develop multi-year relationships.
- Meet and/or exceed sales and new business goals while being well compensated for your efforts
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years direct sales experience, selling SaaS, Services and/or enterprise software to C-Level Executives.
- Successful track record of exceeding sales quotas and new business targets.
- Track record of success in sales for start-up or new product line in an existing company. Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment where the expectation is to contribute not only to client success and revenue but also to product roadmap and company strategy.
- Capable of identifying, reaching and influencing C-level decision makers, stakeholders and industry influencers within targeted accounts and territory.
- Demonstrated success working closely with senior executives to develop sales strategies and tactics to close business and build reference accounts.
- Client advocate that develops deep relationships throughout an organization.
- 50%+ travel and/or customer face time
- Experience in the Utility industry is a distinct plus. Ability to learn the nuances of different segments of the Utility market including decision making process, regulatory environment and market influences are important, too.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $105,000 to $131,000 base plus commission (50/50 split)
Application Deadline: February 8th
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.