We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us.
Sustainability at Celonis is one of our core values: because Earth Is Our Future! We support global companies to remove carbon and inefficiency from business processes, leveraging the capabilities of the Execution Management System. The diverse and international sustainability team is at the forefront, creating innovative solutions for our customers and our company.
We are leading by example , not only moving toward sustainable Celonis operations and setting science-based reduction targets - but also as Celonauts. As agents of change we engage in meaningful activities to create a positive impact in our communities through our company-wide Impact Days, educational initiatives and employee-led activities across the globe.
Led by the Global Head of Sustainability but working horizontally with various departments, the sustainability team offers the freedom to grow and shape solutions to the biggest challenges of our time - in a fun and dynamic environment.
As green entrepreneurs, we are characterized by four core competencies:
- Leading with green expertise and an understanding of sustainable practices, as well as role-specific skills cultivated through curiosity and continuous learning
- Solving complex problems by analyzing with thought, challenging the status quo, and adopting a system-thinking approach
- Making impact happen through operational excellence, pragmatism, team spirit, creativity, and sustainable performance
- Dreaming big and driving change through a strong sense of ownership, the right stakeholders, and a drive for excellence
As a Sustainability Specialist, you work closely with the Head of Sustainability to ensure efficient program management for a sustainability-minded culture at Celonis. You develop a strategy and execute initiatives to increase employee engagement for sustainability, including environmental and societal impact. These include our global Impact Days, but also new formats for enablement and leadership experiences. As a strong communicator, you ensure that Celonis' sustainability efforts are communicated and explained well internally and externally. You prepare presentations and Executive briefings, PR formats and events, and may develop new communication programmes and activities. You coordinate and support the development of the global strategy within the sustainability team.
As a Pre-IPO hypergrowth company, Celonis offers exciting challenges in implementing a global sustainability strategy, lots of green space, ambition and great vision and opportunity.
The work you'll do:
- Develop a program to increase sustainability engagement across the company. Improve existing solutions and help create new streams, eg. for leadership.
- Activate and coordinate new and existing employee-led as well as local sustainability initiatives. Plan, govern and run projects and events in collaboration with Celonauts across the globe.
- Support our Global Impact Days, including project management, company communication as well as improvements on scalability and engagement.
- Improve and contribute to the communication of sustainability programmes and success internally, including preparing Executive briefings or company communication formats.
- Develop new, innovative and differentiating communication formats that inform, enable and activate the organisation.
- Support PR activities and events with coordination, storyline development and material creation and proof-reading.
- Contribute knowledge and insights to the global sustainability strategy and coordinate strategy development with various other team members and managers.
The qualifications you need:
- Experience in creating and running engagement and activation initiatives, in a business or non-profit environment (can be communication campaigns, training and enablement programs, People&Culture projects, fundraising or similar).
- Project management skills, structured way of working and coordination of cross-stakeholder initiatives.
- High energy and passion to socialize, activate, motivate and excite others. Creative mindset and eagerness to develop new ideas and formats.
- A solid understanding of business sustainability challenges (climate change, CO2 measurement, SDG, regulatory frameworks) and available solutions with the aspiration to become a domain expert one day proven through your work experience or private endeavors.
- Have a first understanding of process mining and initial ideas about how process mining could be applied to help companies overcome sustainability challenges.
- Ability to develop and maintain value-driven, productive relationships with customers and partners, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Passionate about helping companies solve business and sustainability challenges. You are intellectually curious, have a willingness to learn, and continuously seek self-improvement.
- Strong communication skills, with business sponsors, technical resources, and customers; fluency in both spoken and written English (other languages are a bonus!).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset with a preference to solve problems pragmatically and with high quality.
- Ability to collaborate, partner, and work effectively and smoothly in a hyper-growth company in an international team, including collaborating with team members in a remote setting.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world's largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.
Accessibility and Candidate Notices