Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Software Engineer II role.
What You’ll do as a Software Engineer II at Kyruus:
- Your typical day will include attending Agile standups, designing components or services, writing lots of code, testing and integrating your code, and reviewing others’ code.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You’ll help estimate the amount of time and effort projects will take as part of the sprint cycle.
- You’ll apply Kyruus’ software engineering best practices, coding standards and patterns for development and deployment.
- You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system. You’ll help solve outages, participate in retrospectives, and implement countermeasures to prevent similar issues from recurring.
- You’ll create tools and documentation for internal teams like Client Delivery to understand how our systems work and to enable them to onboard customers in a timely manner with minimal support from Engineering.
- You’ll report to the Senior Manager, Engineering on the Enterprise Scheduling team within the Data Platform - Engineering Division.
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Software Engineer II role can move in a more linear career path to a Senior Software Engineer position. From there, you could move into a Staff Software Engineer level role or explore a management position within the Engineering vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You can Grow
What you will bring:
- You’ll use your 2-3 years of industry programming experience to:
- Help the Agile team execute on sprint deliverables.
- Provide an educated estimate of effort for the sprint cycle.
- You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- You’ll use your critical thinking skills to:
- Escalate issues to your Agile team in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot issues and debug code to find the root cause of issues and develop countermeasures to address them.
- Design components that are stable, robust, performant, secure, and scale to accommodate anticipated user volume.
- 2+ years of Python experience (required)
- 2+ years of experience working with relational (SQL) databases (required)
- 2+ years of experience using Git to contribute code as part of a team of software engineers
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, including RDS, Lambda, and container-based solutions
- Language agnostic / ability to program in multiple languages a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.