Servicing Transfers Power User
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Servicing Transfers at Valon
At Valon, the journey of every loan begins with a servicing transfer. The Servicing Transfers department owns operational processes related to onboarding and off-boarding loans to and from Valon’s platform. We ensure Valon has the necessary data, documents, and funds to service the loan and that all relevant service providers and stakeholders are notified in a timely manner. In addition to Valon team members, we work closely with third-party partners to support our line of work.
About the Role
As a Servicing Transfers Power User, you will be responsible for the success of onboarding and off-boarding batches at Valon. You will interface and work closely with Technologies Research & Development, other technology and operations business areas, and the rest of the Servicing Operations team. We are looking for a growth-minded and collaborative leader with servicing transfers experience who can weave in and out of multiple facets of a fast-growing technology- and operations-focused business. The right candidate can roll up their sleeves and operate at all levels of operations as needed by the business. We require a strong operator who can understand the bigger picture, forge their own path without clear guidance, tackle complex problems, own processes end-to-end, and work cross-functionally. This position will play an integral role in ensuring that we can board and off-board loans with high data quality as the business continues to grow.
- Ensure that day-to-day loan boarding operations are completed successfully for the servicing business, including loan data field mappings and conversion, data validation, proper handling of loan boarding batches, borrower notifications related to servicing transfers, third-party vendor notifications and transfers (insurance, taxes, MERS, etc), and the transfer of funds related to servicing transfers.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert for all boarding-related processes.
- Assist with data-mapping questions and ensure all data elements are available.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, third-party vendors, and external partners to facilitate servicing transfers.
- Quality-control data and processes as outlined in Valon policies and procedures.
- Help inform product development and enhancements by synthesizing and delivering servicing process/platform feedback to senior leadership.
- Operationalize boarding-related processes by creating training materials, writing standard operating procedures, documenting best practices, and driving the adoption of new procedures
- Drive process efficiencies and improvements across servicing transfer operations.
- 7+ years of previous servicing transfers experience across all relevant operational and technology processes
- Prior experience working closely and building trusted partnerships with internal product and engineering teams
- Prior experience with Access, Monarch, and large-scale servicing systems (e.g. Black Knight, Sagent, Loanserv)
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects with tight, competing deadlines
- Process area expertise
- 3-4+ years of prior experience at a mortgage or financial technology company
- Deep understanding of mortgage servicing concepts, including, but not limited to, mortgage loan documents, data fields, and terminology
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Compensation: Competitive salary and a 401(k) plan—with a 4% annual match!
- Hours: No weekends or late nights required!
- Generous amount of paid time off: 17 days of paid time off, 5 additional paid sick days, and 11 paid company holidays!
- Health & well-being: We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, & vision benefits, and an EAP for additional support!
- Food & meals: In-office snacks and drinks (and Bagel Fridays)!
- Grow together: We set new employees up for success with our company-wide New Hire Orientation! Other learning and development opportunities include quarterly possibilities for promotion and annual performance reviews.
- Baby bonding time: Birthing and non-birthing parents receive 12 weeks of FULLY PAID time off to focus on their new addition(s)!
Throughout the interview process, please remember that emails will only be from valon.com emails. We won't ever be asking for any personally identifiable information during the interview process itself. Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any requests to verify the authenticity of an outreach.
Valon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Valon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.