Senior Wireless Network Cloud Engineer at Cox Enterprises (Pensacola, FL)
The Wireless Engineering team leads the planning and engineering deployment of our Stand Alone multi-wireless use case 5G Core Platform and will utilize the expertise of our Senior Wireless Network Cloud Engineer that will provide detailed Architectural, Design, and Implementation documentation & expertise for Cloud-native Network functions, for both Common Platform as well as 5G Production Core. The Senior Wireless Network Cloud Engineer will provide wireless industry expertise and knowledge in successfully driving task completion and will have project oversight will report to our AVP, Wireless Architecture. With the growth of our team, and roadmap maturity, the Wireless Engineering support will continue to change allowing team members the opportunity for personal growth.
- Strong background in the Telecom Vertical (3G, 4G and 5G) and good understanding of IOT market is a plus.
- Strong understanding of 4G EPC and 5G Core architecture, procedures, call flows, protocol stacks and Interface details
- Strong understanding of 3GPP standards and processes in the EPC, PCC and 5G Core space, both stage 2 and Stage 3
- Having proficiency in the NFs - PCF, BSF, SCP, NRF, NSSF, NEF, SLF is a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of NFV and K8s and Ancillary Cloud Native Tools - Jaeger, ELK Stack, Prometheus, CD Pipeline such as Jenkins that go along with 5G CNFs.
- Partner with Operations team members to prepare low level designs, configurations and methods and procedures to gain operational perspective, including network reliability, scalability, simplicity, and standardization to ensure success through launch of the change.
- Become the subject matter expert in understanding Operational needs around Common Cloud Networking such as alerting, automation, integrations with Service Ticketing and logging systems.
- Become the subject matter expert in how customers use public Cloud's Transit gateway product, understand their needs, map them to available capabilities and identify gaps. Leverage this expertise to drive product roadmap to enhance customer's adoption of multi-cloud networking and security technologies and public cloud transit gateway.
- Drive the design, build, and test activities of Cox 5G Common Core virtualized cloud platform and orchestration.
- Understand technical problems define solutions and mitigation path forward.
- Methodically scope, troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix complex problems as required on Cox wireless networks while minimizing customer impacts and outages.
- Partner with peer Engineering team members to gain in-depth understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or configurations and associated implications.
- Quickly understand preliminary product/platform concepts or high-level designs and subsequently author technical requirements as necessary based on those understandings.
- Translate high level engineering documentation into working configurations and test plans with additional applicable data where necessary.
- Participate in planned maintenance activities during maintenance windows as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 4 years' experience as a technical engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16 years' experience in a related field.
- Experience with Architecture in the cloud networking and security industry, hands on experience with IT cloud platforms and orchestration
- Expert-Level Networking, Security, Telco, and product management.
- Fundamental knowledge in LTE and 5G Core network 3GPP standards, protocol, and wireless OEM architectures
- Experience with Cloud native technologies - Kubernetes, CNFs, Container attached storage. Fundamental knowledge with IT cloud platforms and orchestration
- Experience as a Cloud Engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry
- Good understanding of the Telco Cloud Strategy and deployment models.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodology is big plus.
- Sense of Ownership, taking initiatives, Problem Solving, Driving issues to closure.
- Specific experience in the performance management or operating of large-scale service provider wireless networks or experience with a Wireless OEM vendor that supported its Mobile Network Operating customers with broad wireless mobility technology experience that should include 5G Core networks and Private Cloud Solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong awareness of technology trends and potential influence on Cox business
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and delivery dates consistently.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.