Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
San Diego, CA (Hybrid: Tuesday-Thursday in office minimum, core hours 9am-3:30pm in our downtown office)
Acrisure Innovation is a fast paced, AI-driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building an AI driven digital marketplace for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By leveraging technology to push the boundaries of understanding and transferring risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, and we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We are a small team of extremely high caliber engineers with a diverse background across industries and technologies. Our engineers have worked at large companies like Google and Amazon, high frequency trading companies like Two Sigma and Jump Trading, and a variety of smaller startups, including successful startup founders.
As Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack at Acrisure Innovation, you’ll be an essential part of the team building world-class software to transform the insurance industry. You will work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team, including AI researchers, AI engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and deliver innovative features, systems, and products to better understand risk and surface insights and recommendations for how best to engage that risk in the marketplace. As a successful candidate, you will take full advantage of state-of-the-art tools, conceiving of new ones when the right solution does not yet exist and act with a sense of urgency and agility to deliver value. You are driven by a passion for improving the world through technology and delighting users. Help us to turn our vision into reality.
Here are some of the ways in which you’ll achieve impact:
- Drive the development of efficient and reliable technology with a customer-first mindset.
- Design and maintain our tech stack, building when it makes sense, inventing when necessary, and upgrading as tools evolve.
- Identify, adopt, and evangelize best practices and technical standards across the engineering organization.
- Mentor and grow junior engineers across the team.
- Advocate for and identify creative implementations to optimize business impact.
- Measure the effectiveness of new features, find and address performance issues, and drive continuous improvement.
- Work collegially and effectively as we grow a world-class, diverse engineering team.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have 7+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Possess strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and software engineering principles
- Have expertise with modern software tools, libraries, and languages, with experience delivering production code at scale.
- Are product and customer focused, with a passion for delighting the end user.
- Possess empathy, kindness towards others, a positive attitude, and self-awareness
- Are excited to work for an early stage company to experiment, discover product-market fit and are focused on maximizing business impact
Academics: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Location: Must be willing in able to work in the San Diego downtown office Tuesday-Thursday.
Salary Range: $165,000-$214,500