PagerDuty is seeking a Senior Manager, Compensation and Analytics to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As Senior Manager, Compensation and Analytics, you will report to and partner closely with the Senior Director, Total Rewards to innovate business solutions to build compensation programs that attract and retain strong talent and align with our business goals and strategic direction. You will drive the strategy and execution of our broad-based compensation programs, processes and overarching philosophy for PagerDuty. You will lead a team of Compensation and People Analytics partners and play a critical role proactively partnering with senior business leaders on strategic planning around compensation and people metrics to support the business and drive data-informed, faster decision-making. This is an exciting opportunity as this position is integral in scaling our Compensation and People Analytics teams to support our growing global organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing analytics solutions and compensation partner delivery in strong partnership with HR Business Partners and the business and leading the design and implementation of broad-based compensation programs globally.
Compensation Strategy & Design
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of PagerDuty's global compensation programs and processes, including base pay and various incentive pay programs
- Consult senior leadership to create solutions and ensure that compensation programs meet the demands of the ever changing talent and economic market and are competitive.
- Partner with Senior Director, Total Rewards to anticipate the future skills of emerging talent in order to foster the successful evolution of our compensation programs and technology solutions
- Network with industry peers to evaluate trends to ensure market competitiveness of all programs and offerings
- Oversight for developing robust solutions for stock based compensation analysis and forecasting
- Provide occasional executive compensation support to the Executive Compensation team and CHRO
HR Analytics and Reporting
- Oversight for the future vision of people analytics implementing various quantitative and qualitative techniques on people metrics to create business solutions and reporting frameworks to provide meaningful insights of people metrics through story-telling presentations.
- Oversight for the design and strategy of enablement and training to business partners on the use and interpretation of basic statistical concepts and analytics.
- Serve as a trusted strategic business advisor to executive business leaders and a partner to senior HR leaders, delivering insights on human capital to support strategic workforce planning.
- Oversee driving towards the development of predictive models and forecasting tools to support total rewards planning and People team budgeting decisions.
- Provide data insights for Global expansion, mobility and potential mergers and acquisitions.
Data Integrity and System Management
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of HR data by partnering with HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) team to conduct regular audits and quality control measures.
- Partner with HRIS leadership to evaluate and update HR data reporting tools and technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Mathematics, Finance or related field, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 10 years Human Resources experience focused on managing Compensation and/or People Analytics functions for a global organization.
- People Leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present and translate complex data and insights to diverse stakeholders.
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Data oriented with managing team performance and decision making.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and reporting tools.
- Global knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and industry standards related to compensation and HR analytics.
- Experience in a high tech public B2B SaaS organization.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP),
- Knowledge of global statutory compensation requirements.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Workday experience.
- Expertise in statistical analysis, data modeling, and visualization techniques.
- Experience in using HR analytics tools, such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, or other data analysis software.
The base salary range for this position is 142,000 - 217,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, with many Dutonians choosing to work primarily from home. We also provide ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection, like team offsites and volunteering events.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO
- HibernationDuty - an annual company paid week off when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management. The PagerDuty Operations Cloud revolutionizes how critical work gets done, and powers the agility that drives digital transformation. Customers rely on the PagerDuty Operations Cloud to compress costs, accelerate productivity, win revenue, sustain seamless digital experiences, and earn customer trust. More than half of the Fortune 500 and more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 trust PagerDuty including Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerduty on Instagram.
Additional InformationPagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.