Senior Java Software Engineer
Here we grow again! With the increase in new clients and projects, our Product Development team is expanding and we are looking for an accomplished and passionate Java Software Engineer to join the team!
As a Java Software Engineer at KUBRA, you will collaborate with a group of talented technologists committed to excellence.
Software Engineer, is the title of this position, internally.
This is a hybrid opportunity in Tempe, AZ.
What you get to do every day
- As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will work as part of a team of developers focused on building enterprise customer experience management software
- Contribute to design of new functionality and expand existing functionality
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Team Lead, and management on product roadmap and architecture development plan
- Participate in full software development life cycle
- Write code and contribute to the software architecture of a highly concurrent, high-throughput system
- Help to train and mentor other Software Engineers
- Manage a number of projects and tasks using a variety of technologies
- May travel to visit clients throughout North America to participate in design sessions and deliver technical presentations and training
- Learn and become proficient with new technologies as product designs dictate. This may occasionally involve training at local and national technical training workshops.
- Suggest ideas for new products and micro-services
- Create/assist with architecture of new products
- Write software to add features to existing software
- Write highly concurrent, highly performant software
- Bootstrap new software applications possibly with new architecture
- Debug and resolve bugs in existing software
- Write unit tests proving software fixes or features
- Automated AWS resource creation/modification
What kind of person should you be?
- As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you pride yourself on your problem-solving and analytical skills
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar systems & code bases
- You can handle the most stressful situations calmly
- You often suggest ideas for new applications that can improve operations
- You're self motivated
- Your ability to debug & triage complex problems is outstanding
- You have the ability to assess maintainability & long-term impacts of design choices
- You have mad respect for deadlines
- The ability to work independently is crucial but you also know that Teamwork Makes The Dream Work
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Java environments
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud facilities such as EC2, S3, and RDS is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Java and object-oriented design, with knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot and Java EE
- Experience in Java concurrency, use of relational databases, and stream processing
- Experience writing JUnit tests to achieve high test coverage of Java code changes.
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Terraform or similar software
- Experience with Docker
What can you expect from us?
- Award-winning culture that fosters growth, diversity and inclusion for all
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Access to LinkedIn learning courses
- Continued education with our education reimbursement program
- Flexible schedules
- Free unlimited access to our refreshment stations (fully stocked with tea, coffee and other beverages)
- Two paid days for volunteer opportunities
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
While we value the skills and experiences listed in our job requirements, we also recognize that talent comes in many forms, and welcome applications from candidates who meet most but not all specified requirements. If you possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a dynamic work environment, apply now!
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.