Ontra is a remote-first company, with access to coworking spaces and offices in a few key cities for employees who may prefer in-person working options. We value connection, investing in opportunities for in-person and virtual gatherings with your Ontra colleagues.
We currently are able to hire exclusively in the locations listed below. Select jobs may have more specific location requirements due to business needs.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington
Hong Kong, Singapore
For this job we are currently only hiring candidates based in the United States.
About the opportunity
Ontra is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer reporting to one of our Engineering Managers.
The role is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys working on the frontend and backend of web applications, has a knack for mentorship, and thrives off building scalable, robust systems. We have exciting technical challenges ahead of us and are building a platform that is changing one of the largest industries in the world. Most importantly, we are building an outstanding business with a product that creates an immense amount of value for our customers, and having a ton of fun doing it!
If you are a team player, passionate about learning (and teaching), and thrive in a cross collaborative environment then we'd love to get to know you!
What you'll do
- Proactivity: Ensuring efficiency and performance for previously developed programs
- Develop and scale: Build, implement, and maintain web-based applications from the frontend to the backend using Ruby on Rails and Ember.JS.
- Creating partnerships: Collaborate designers and product teams to understand and translate requirements and quickly identify and resolve product issues
- Ensure best practices: working closely with teammates and QA for code reviews and applying best practices to software development, leading to the delivery of high quality and well-tested software
What you'll bring
- Preferred experience: 7+ years as a fullstack software engineer, preferably in a startup or high growth company
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
- Technical skill set: Experience with object oriented programming and web app frameworks (we're using Ruby on Rails and Ember)
- Fundamentals: A strong foundation in software development fundamentals
- Problem solving skills: An ability to identify technical issues and address them accordingly
Ontra considers candidate location and experience when evaluating compensation levels. Some positions may be eligible for additional compensation, such as variable compensation, which is not included in the base pay range below. If you have been selected to participate in our interview process, we encourage you to speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner about compensation for this role.
Base pay range
$175,000 - $245,000 USD
- Opportunity to participate in Ontra's unit-based compensation program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement (equivalent of $100 USD)
- 4 months (16 weeks) of parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
Ontra is the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence for private asset management firms. The Ontra platform combines AI-enabled software with a worldwide network of highly trained lawyers to modernize recurring legal workflows. Ontra's solutions improve all aspects of the contract lifecycle - from negotiating and processing routine contracts to tracking obligations in complex agreements. Ultimately, Ontra reduces the time, expense, and risk associated with contract management, freeing its customers to focus on other strategic priorities.
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Personnel Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/46lVT74
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.
Note to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies. Any candidates sent to Ontra will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission without a signed agreement in place.