Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Role
DevOps engineering plays a critical role in modern software development and delivery. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be part of the global Engineering team within the Central Technology organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to not only utilize your technical expertise, but also to exercise your "soft" skills by collaborating with diverse development teams around the globe. You will work closely with application development teams to accelerate the time to market of new and existing products, while striving to increase the quality and reliability for which Morningstar is known.
You will be expected to drive progress of technical projects and be part of a culture of enablement and empowerment within the team, as well as the broader technical community at Morningstar. Finally, as a direct owner of a set of critical enterprise software development systems, you will be part of the team required to maintain and upgrade these platforms and to support the users of these systems.
This position is based in our downtown Chicago office.
- Provide reliable software delivery support for all application development teams at Morningstar
- Develop production-grade build and deploy pipelines that touch all areas of the SDLC: build, test, secure, containerize, provision infrastructure, deploy, release, monitor
- Advocate for sound DevOps and CI/CD processes that can be scaled throughout the enterprise
- Administer and maintain enterprise grade third-party software development platforms running in AWS
- Provide system support on off-hours, when required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field and 5 years of relevant technical experience
- Experience with enterprise grade CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitHub Actions or similar
- Working knowledge of DevOps processes and common build & deploy tools
- Experience with Base, PowerShell, Phyton or other relevant programming language
- Strong debugging and critical thinking skills
- Solid communication and documentation skills
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of experience with AWS or Azure
- A Master's degree is preferred
- AWS certification are a bonus
- Networking and infrastructure skills
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Passion for studying current on trends and best practices in DevOps, software development & release management
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity
Morningstar's hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. We've found that we're at our best when we're purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you'll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.