Senior Data Engineer- AWS
If you're interested in making significant contributions to your team and business, you're heading the right direction, but even more so- with our Data & Analytics team, the difference we make is to help provide tools and resources that give senior management what they need to make decisions that will keep JP Morgan Chase ahead of the competition through leveraging data across Chase to build advantages for the businesses while providing value and protection for customers.
The Data Analytics and Reporting (DART) team's mission is to provide high-quality dashboards & insights that executive leadership will use to monitor KPIs, steer the business, and make investment decisions. This team will constantly balance the need for speed with the importance of providing accurate results, to enable leadership to make informed decisions with agility & precision. The position will be part of a team that will take a loosely-defined idea or problem statement, find & acquire the relevant data, design & build the dashboards, develop the automated workflows, and document the details. You will also help to develop frameworks to ensure cross-platform data & logic consistency and optimization. They will write code to enrich and transform data sets to produce output that will help to advance the DART teams objectives and impact to the broader organization.
- Perform user acceptance testing and deliver demos to stakeholders by SQL queries or Python scripts.
- Perform data analysis to define / support model development including metadata and data dictionary documentation that will enable data analysis and analytical exploration
- Participate in strategic projects and provide ideas and inputs on ways to leverage quantitative analytics to generate actionable business insights and/or solutions to influence business strategies and identify opportunities to grow
- Partners closely with business partners to identify impactful projects, influence key decisions with data, and ensure client satisfaction
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Scripting skills e.g. Python, R and experience with tools such as Alteryx or similar tool
- Strong understanding of data and database methodologies as well as hands on Oracle and/or AWS Cloud experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology)
- 5+ years of industry experience in business analytics roles (e.g., marketing analytics, product analytics, business insights)
- 5+ years of work experience across broad range of analytics platforms, languages, and tools (SAS, SQL, Spark and Python, Unix, Excel Pivot etc.); hands-on experience using big data platform required
- Strong understanding of CI/CD Pipelines in a globally distributed environment using Git, Bit-Bucket, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including planning, analysis, development and testing of new applications and enhancements to existing application.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Master's degree or Bachelor degree with 5+ years experience in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or any related fields involving significant quantitative research & data analytics)
- Strong communicator who's able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to business partners
- Results-oriented with a strong attention to details
- Strong knowledge in quantitative methods for business analytics; proficiency in critical thinking and problem solving
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.