As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will report to the Professional Services Manager and work with Mission Cloud’s customers to deploy applications on highly available, complex AWS infrastructure. The Professional Services team builds AWS cloud solutions on behalf of our customers.
This position is 100% remote.
- Implement customer roadmaps for enterprise or highly complex projects in coordination with Cloud Consultants
- Work with Cloud Consultants to validate technical plans and time estimates
- Work with Cloud Engineers and act as escalation point throughout project execution
- Work with Project Managers in Agile or other frameworks to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget
- Perform migrations to AWS leveraging tools like CloudEndure and Amazon’s DMS
- Author re-usable Infrastructure-as-Code to provision complex, scalable AWS environments
- Leverage tools like Terraform and Jenkins to incrementally automate customer environments
- Modernize customer architecture through containerization using tools like Kubernetes, Docker, and ECS/EKS
- Implement centralized logging solutions such as ELK, SumoLogic, and CloudWatch Logs
- Identify areas for cost savings through AutoScaling, right-sizing, and elimination of waste within the customer’s AWS environments
- Deploy and configure a vast array of AWS and 3rd party services ranging from Big Data to Security solutions
- Identify and remediate security gaps to help strengthen client security posture
- Troubleshoot customer environments and assist with escalations
- Mentor Cloud Engineers and more junior consultants
- Support Professional Services recruiting efforts by participating on interview panels
- Support Consulting Services process improvement initiatives
- Ability to deploy AWS infrastructure using Terraform or similar
- Ability to build CI pipelines, build containerization infrastructure, create/build CI pipelines, and deploy config orchestration tooling and pipelines
- Ability to work in a customer facing role with multiple clients at one time
- Knowledge of core AWS services such as EC2, VPC, IAM, S3 and RDS
- Understanding of AWS security controls, network boundary controls and related toolsets
- Ability to manage database engines
- Ability to build and administer web application environments
- Experience working independently with clients
- Occasional off-hours support, depending on client need
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or DevOps Engineer Professional Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
- Hashicorp Terraform Associate Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
Perks & Benefits
- We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to:
- Access to health, vision and dental insurance with options 100% covered by Mission Cloud for employee and their dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare & Dependent Care)
- Generous Paid Time Off (FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Reproductive health benefits
- Pet insurance
- 401k matching program
- Life insurance paid by Mission Cloud
- Monthly flex stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office expense benefit
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute to one’s authentic self. Mission Cloud makes every effort to ensure that all employees are compensated fairly regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or past salary history. We understand that fair compensation practices establish that diversity, fair hiring processes, and fair pay are part of who we are as a company and maintain positive employee morale. We use market data to define salary ranges for each role and regularly review compensation adjustments as needed based on salary range updates.
Mission Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission Cloud will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud
Mission Cloud is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission Cloud’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.