As a Senior Cloud Consultant, you will report to the Professional Services Manager. Your job sits at the intersection of business and technology. You’ll work with our customers to understand their business goals and develop strategic solutions using AWS. As a Senior Cloud Consultant, you will work with teams of consultants and engineers to build AWS cloud solutions on behalf of our customers.
This position is 100% remote.
- Consult with customers to understand business and technical needs
- Lead client discovery efforts and workshops with small to large audiences including executives
- Develop strategic roadmaps and project plans based on customer goals
- Document and present recommendations to customers, including senior leadership
- Develop implementation plans for customer roadmaps with validation from engineers on technical plans and time estimates
- Work with Project Managers to set customer expectations, drive alignment, and coordinate timelines
- Lead engineers on projects and work with project management to provide status updates on progress, potential risks and scope changes
- Support pre-sales engineers in proposal design and positioning
- Mentor Cloud Engineers and more junior consultants
- Support Professional Services recruiting efforts by participating on interview panels
- Support Consulting Services process improvement initiatives
- 5+ years in a technical customer-facing consulting role developing strategy and leading engagements
- 3+ years of AWS or public cloud experience, including infrastructure monitoring and observability, containerization, microservices, SOA, and serverless technologies
- 3+ years experience building CI pipelines and automation (build, test, performance)
- Experience with AWS Well Architected Framework, including best practices, migration techniques, AWS cost management practices and tooling, AWS security principles and services, and disaster recovery
- Experience consulting about both business and technology challenges
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code,automation and configuration management and orchestration
- Experience with Linux and Windows implementations, products, and technologies
- Experience with database platforms, including MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB, and Oracle
- Experience with data and analytics technologies, including Athena, Glue, EMR, Redshift, and Snowflake
- Experience with application development across languages
- Must be able and willing to manage up to 25% travel
- Occasional off-hours support, depending on client need
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
- AWS Specialty Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
- Hashicorp Terraform Associate Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Profit sharing bonuses based on performance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
- Fully distributed team with flexible work hours
- Home office expense benefit
- Cell phone stipend
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, snacks, etc. It’s up to you!
- Participation in Mission’s Cash Incentive Unit Award program
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute to one’s authentic self. Mission Cloud makes every effort to ensure that all employees are compensated fairly regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or past salary history. We understand that fair compensation practices establish that diversity, fair hiring processes, and fair pay are part of who we are as a company and maintain positive employee morale. We use market data to define salary ranges for each role and regularly review compensation adjustments as needed based on salary range updates.
Mission Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission Cloud will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud
Mission Cloud is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission Cloud’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.