Vendor Coordinator at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As a Vendor Coordinator, you’ll work with the rest of the National Vendor Management team and our local market teams to help source, onboard, train, off-board, and maintain relationships with our vendor partners. You’ll be in a supporting role that helps enable operational excellence and cost savings through vendor capacity and quality.
As a Vendor Manager, you will:
- Triage incoming requirements to determine the most appropriate resolution path
- Assist Vendor Managers with sourcing vendors for markets
- Work within established systems to set up or block/unblock vendors for use by local teams.
- Support and coordinate with the Procurement Team and Vendor Management team, ensuring SLAs are met.
- Field questions from vendors and local teams; resolve issues or escalate as appropriate.
- Assist in gathering and reporting on vendor performance.
- Conduct vendor training and onboarding (set-up accounts, troubleshoot portal technical issues; assist in vendor offboarding when required.
- Communicate with vendors, local market teams, and other internal stakeholders for the purpose of sourcing, training, troubleshooting, providing feedback, and completing other tasks as required by the Vendor Management team.
- Computer literate with the ability to work with Google Suite Applications.
- The ability to perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Objective, task and deadline oriented.
- A deep knowledge of construction, repairs, and renovation projects
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set & meet aggressive goals
- 1-3 years vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description