Strategy and Business Development Specialist at FIS (Greater Denver Area)
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we'd like to ask you: Are you FIS?
ABOUT THE TEAM
As a Strategy and Business Development Specialist, you will work with exciting and collaborative professionals. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group.
THE EXPERIENCE THAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience Fin Tech industry (Banking/Financial) required, 5+ years preferred
- Experienced with Strategic Planning functions
- Proven 3+ years of Business Development experience turning opportunities into a solution and a win (this is not a Sales role)
- Experience generating revenue opportunities in non-traditional channels
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the industry and market that FIS is in
- Problem-solving skills to propose mutually beneficial solutions
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manage strategic planning functions including development of long term and strategic objectives to ensure business growth and/or improve productivity and profitability according to overall Line of Business long term plan.
- Drive business development and work with line of business executives to define business strategies, as well as identifying, developing, and pursuing market opportunities to deliver strategic revenue.
- Researching client needs, analyzing trends and best practices and creating detailed program specifications
- Devising procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and solve complex technical problems
- Assess available technologies and recommending solutions
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates new business opportunities and market initiatives
- Builds market position by locating, development, defining and closing business relationships
- Discovers and explores business opportunities
- Demonstrates in-depth product knowledge
- Coordinates with Sales, Product, Marketing, Partners, etc. to develop strategies and proposals
- Identifies areas of opportunity, prepares business presentations, and executes with assigned product portfolio
- Other related duties assigned as needed
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.