We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Strategic Partner Manager for our New Partnerships (non-grocery) business to run select retailer relationships. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to create a detailed strategic plan for your retailer, manage external and internal stakeholders, drive key business insights, implement new operational processes and manage client needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own senior-level executive relationships at retail partners; build relationships in partners’ organizations
- Achieve key performance indicators and business goals for your retailer(s)
- Negotiate agreements with retail partners
- Collaborate with senior management on developing strategic plans to meet retail partners’ needs and grow their business on Instacart
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart’s business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, BizOps, etc) to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 5-7+ years previous experience; MBA preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
- Some travel required
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.