Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, Next Generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 3-1-1, and Analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of technology and experience to deliver end-to-end public safety applications and mission critical voice and data communications systems.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- We are looking for a top-performing, technical sales professional who understands the unique approach to selling our company’s public safety products to new and existing customers while developing and maintaining excellent customer/client relationships.
- Customer relationships are developed by phone contact, personal visits, and attending regional trade shows and user group meetings.
- Selling opportunities include on-site product presentations, internet demonstrations, and coordinating with state and local officials on individual and multi-jurisdictional projects. A thorough understanding of local government procurement processes is helpful.
- Typical travel is moderate with being in front of the customer approximately 50%.
- Top sales performers are compensated aggressively with accelerators upon achieving annual sales quota.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
- 4+ years of public safety software application system and/or sales experience in the State and local government space
- Position has responsibility for sales, strategic account planning, and overall relationship management for existing Motorola Solutions’ accounts, working both independently and in coordination with local sales teams
- Experience in a technical field, computer software industry, government sales, or public safety is preferred
- Experience and ability to develop and implement a comprehensive ‘Add On’ sales plan for each account within the assigned geography covering the NG9-1-1 and the full suite of Public Safety Applications in the Motorola Solutions software portfolio
- Ability to assemble and coordinate a diverse team of internal & external pre-sales resources to assess customer's needs and address their requirements
- Experience serving as a trusted advisor to influence customer's technology platform decisions and driving customer preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions products and services
- Experience and ability in developing strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the existing customer base
- Experience selling to multiple levels, project stakeholders, and committees is a plus
- Experience navigating state and local government procurement procedures along with the ability to assist with developing procurement strategies and tactics for selling multiple solutions across an entire target account
- Experience and willingness to drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting to successful closing
- Deep knowledge of public safety command center operations, technology, and applications is a plus, in particular within NG9-1-1 networks and applications
- Basic knowledge of Motorola Solutions Radio Voice Communications Networks is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Motorola Solutions Command & Control Applications Suite is a plus
- A track record of meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals
- Knowledge and experience with CRM systems, specifically Saleforce.com and developing and maintaining the annual territory sales plan
- Experience selling software solutions
- Experience selling long term, large service deals as a solution.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, along with having experience creating, coordinating, and delivering compelling customer presentations
- Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers.
- Provide time management skills are critical to the position
- Possess excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit that can be leveraged to develop the business in your territory
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Travel - ability to travel 50% and support customer base in Northeast Region
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.